Dear Imaging Institute Alumni and Staff,
In November 2015, I had the privilege of hosting some esteemed guests here at Cleveland Clinic’s Imaging Institute. Along with Gary Dworkin, MD (CATS’92), immediate past president of Cleveland Clinic Alumni Association, were retired professor Jaap Bredée, MD (TCS’76), and another colleague visiting from the Netherlands. As I led them through our newly renovated imaging suites, they remarked on the fresh, progressive design, but more notably our “small army” of caregivers unlike any they had seen in a hospital imaging department.
Our Imaging Institute continues to be one of the leading radiological academic centers in the world, providing patients with the most current technological advances and innovative treatment options. Perhaps it comes as no surprise then, that residents eagerly seek training from our revered teaching staff. I’m pleased to report that Cleveland Clinic’s Radiology Residency Program has been ranked No. 1 in Ohio by doximity.com and No. 24 in the nation, out of more than 180 programs. You’ll read more about this achievement in the Q3/Q4 2015 issue of Radiology Alumni Connection.
Other exciting news in this issue involves Thomas Masaryk, MD (DR’85), Chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Department of Diagnostic Radiology, who presented the Luminary Lecture at the 2015 annual meeting of the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery (SNIS). The SNIS recognized Dr. Masaryk for his distinguished work and innovation in the neurointerventional field.
You’ll also read the latest about the Imaging Institute’s (nearly complete) renovation and expansion, including the addition of 15 radiologists from Cleveland Clinic’s new affiliate, Akron General Medical Center.
I hope that you’ll enjoy reviewing these recent accomplishments as much as I enjoy sharing them with you. It’s intelligent, driven, innovative professionals like you that provide ongoing reasons for Cleveland Clinic’s Imaging Institute to celebrate.
I wish you all the best and continued success in 2016.
Keep up with current projects and events for the Imaging Institute at Cleveland Clinic. Click on the links below for recent editions of the Alumni eNewletters.
- Q3/Q4 - Dr. Masaryk Honored by Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery
- Q1/Q2 - Dr. Modic Leads Clinical Transformation Efforts
- Q3/Q4 - Imaging Institute Renovation/Expansion Continues
- Q3/Q4 - 7T MRI Installed at Main Campus
- Q1/Q2 - Imaging Institute renovation and expansion continues.
- Q3/Q4 - Learn more about our continued expansion.
- Q1/Q2 - Learn more about our new Residency Program Director, updates on the Imaging Institutes renovation project and more.
- Q3/Q4 - Learn more about the new MRI area on main campus, 24/7 radiology reading coverage and more.
- Q1/Q2 - Learn more about our Pediatric Radiology Program, online imaging study requests and more.
- Q1/Q2 - Learn more about our new intraoperative MRI suite, the new Imaging Library, the Imaging Institute's expansion project and more.
Alumni and current staff events are a great way for you to maintain and grow your social and professional connections with other alumni from Cleveland Clinic's Imaging Institute. Check out our latest edition of Radiology Alumni Connection for upcoming Imaging Institute events.
You can view pictures from previous events below.
Welcoming First Year Residents 2015
First-year radiology residents enjoyed getting to know current residents and faculty at the welcome party in September. Festivities were held at the home of Todd Stultz, DDS, MD.
Daniel Lockwood, MD
Director of Radiology Residency Program
Maggie Glenn (R1) with baby Lainey Jones and husband Kevin Jones
Ryan Incledon (R2)
Ryan Ward (R1) with wife Andrea and baby Gwyneth
Dr. Stultz with Ben Tritle (R4)
Scott Johnson (R3) with his child Rowan