Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
The main airport in Cleveland. It is located 15 miles (30 minutes by car) from Cleveland Clinic..
Burke Lakefront Airport
An executive airport for smaller planes and jets. Burke Lakefront Airport is located 5 miles (15 minutes by car) from Cleveland Clinic.
Use can use the following airlines to make travel arrangements to Cleveland Clinic and for your return trip home. (You must use an international 800 access code when dialing from outside the United States.)
United Continental Holdings: (formerly Continental and United Airlines)
Discounted international airfares:
While you are at Cleveland Clinic, your Global Patient Services coordinator can help you arrange for ground transportation:
- To and from the airport to Cleveland Clinic.
- To and from your hotel.
- To and from your medical appointments.
If you need ground transportation for other reasons, here is some helpful information:
- Shima Limousine: 888.546.6288
- Thomas Limousine: 800.799.5001
Taxi cab services:
- Ace Taxi Service: 216.361.8700
- ABC Taxi Company: 216.651.7777
- Cleveland Cab Company: 216.856.0867
- United Cab Company: 216.398.9000
Car Rental companies
*Some car rental companies offer discounts for Cleveland Clinic patients, so be sure to ask.
Travel Documents & Visas
For entry into the United States, you may need the following:
- A form letter confirming your appointments at Cleveland Clinic (we can email you this).
- A medical itinerary and/or receipt of payment (we can email you this).
- Approval from your consulate to travel to the United States. Check with your consulate.
- Proper documents to enter the United States. The United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office can help you get the proper documents, help you apply for a Visa, and help you understand any restrictions and allowances.
United States Currency
- If you bring currency valued at more than $10,000 USD, you must fill out a Currency Reporting Form upon arrival. This includes foreign currency but does not include credit cards with limits greater than $10,000 USD.
- The United States does not limit the amount of money you bring, but your home country might. Check with your home country’s laws.
- Credit cards and cash cards are convenient and you can use them easily to purchase items or acquire cash and advances. Be sure to notify your credit card company that you will be traveling and using the card internationally.
- It is helpful to exchange some of your money into U.S. dollars before you arrive, for transportation and food costs as you travel.
- You will find the best exchange rates at your local bank, rather than in airports and hotels, which may charge fees.
- To estimate currency conversions, use one of the following: Yahoo! Currency Converter or OANDA Currency Converter.
Hotels & Accommodations
Hotels near Cleveland Clinic
There are three hotels located on the Cleveland Clinic campus in Cleveland, Ohio. There is a convenient shuttle bus from these hotels to Cleveland Clinic. You can call the numbers below to make reservations, or have your Global Patient Services coordinator help you.
9801 Carnegie Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Direct phone: 216.707.4100
Toll-free phone: 877.707.8999
Located on Cleveland Clinic's main campus, the InterContinental Hotel features 295 luxury guest rooms, 29 suites, two restaurants, two lounges and a fitness center. The Club InterContinental floors offer a private lounge, club rooms and two corner suites.
8800 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Direct phone: 216.707.4300
Toll-free phone: 877.707.8999
Located on Cleveland Clinic's main campus, the InterContinental Suites offers 162 beautiful suites. Each includes a living room and kitchen equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and wet bar.
8650 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Direct phone: 216.707.4200
Toll-free phone: 844.748.2877
Located on Cleveland Clinic's main campus, travelers to the new Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic appreciate our finer touches that make comfort and convenience a top priority. The hotel features 276 well-appointed guest rooms with refrigerator/freezer including 46 Studio Suites with wet bar, microwave and recliner chair, a full-service restaurant, bar, lounge, seasonal outdoor patio, room service, Market 24 "grab & go" indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness center and valet dry-cleaning and self-service guest laundry.
Other hotels in downtown Cleveland:
Your Global Patient Services coordinator can help you arrange for activities in your leisure time. Listed below are many of the exciting things to do and see in the city of Cleveland.
- Cleveland’s Flats, East 4th Street, Gateway District, Warehouse District are downtown destinations for dining and entertainment.
- Cleveland Metroparks is a network of parks that surround the city, with recreational opportunities.
- Detroit Shoreway, Tremont and Ohio City neighborhoods are culturally diverse neighborhoods with an independent theaters, restaurants and boutique shopping.
- University Circle has museums and cultural opportunities.
- Little Italy has opportunities for dining and shopping.
Houses of Worship
Cleveland Clinic offers a variety of spiritual services to visitors of our may locations.
The following places of worship are available on Cleveland Clinic campus:
- Non-denominational chapel
- Muslim Prayer Room
- Labyrinth on the Rooftop
Chaplains available at Cleveland Clinic include:
- Priests (Catholic and Eastern Orthodox)
- Pastors (Protestant and non-denominational)
Note: Special requests for ministers of faith groups not represented in the Department of Spiritual Services are handled adhering to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
Other places of worship in Cleveland include:
|Religion or Denomination||Location|
|Antiochian Orthodox||Saint George Antiochian Orthodox
2587 West 14th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44113
|Baptist||East Mt. Zion Baptist Church
9990 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
|Buddhist||Cleveland Buddhist Temple
1573 East 214th Street Euclid, Ohio 44117
|Coptic Orthodox||St. Mark Coptic Church
2100 East Pleasant Valley Road Seven Hills, Ohio 44131
|Roman Catholic||Holy Rosary Church
2021 Mayfield Road Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
1007 Superior Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44114
St. Michael the Archangel
3114 Scranton Road Cleveland, Ohio 44109
|Eastern Rite Catholic||St. Maron Church (Arabic)
1245 Carnegie Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44115
St. Elias Byzantine Melkite Catholic Church
8023 Memphis Avenue Brooklyn, Ohio 44144
|Greek Orthodox||Sts. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Cathedral
3352 Mayfield Road Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
|Hindu||Greater Cleveland Shiva Vishnu Temple
7733 Ridge Road Parma, Ohio 44129
|Islamic||Islamic Center of Cleveland
6055 West 130th Street Parma, Ohio 44130
Uqbah Mosque Foundation
2222 Stokes Boulevard Cleveland, Ohio 44106
|Jewish||The Temple Tifereth Israel (Reform)
26000 Shaker Boulevard Beachwood, Ohio 44112
Taylor Road Synagogue (Orthodox)
1970 South Taylor Road Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
|Methodist||Epworth-Euclid United Methodist Church
1919 E. 107th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44106
|Protestant||Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
2230 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44115
South Euclid United Church of Christ
4217 Bluestone Road South Euclid, OH 44121
|Presbyterian||Church of the Covenant
11205 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44106
|Seventh Day Adventist||Bethel Seventh Day Adventist Church
1443 Addison Road Cleveland. Ohio 44103