Ohio Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP)
Cleveland Clinic offers basic, medically necessary hospital-level services free of charge to Ohio residents:
- Whose incomes are at or below the Federal Poverty Income Guideline
- Who are not recipients of Medicaid.
Current recipients of the Disability Assistance Program also qualify for HCAP assistance.
- You must be a resident of the state of Ohio
- You must be at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines in the three month period prior to date of service.
- Family members include you, your spouse and/or natural/adopted children under the age of 18 living at home.
- You will be screened for Ohio Medicaid assistance.
- If applicable, you will be referred to a Medicaid vendor: Human Arc of Ohio or MedAssist to help you secure Medicaid coverage.
- Until you are approved for Medicaid, you will continue to receive a bill from us.
- Patients with out-of-state Medicaid will need to obtain services within their home state. Cleveland Clinic does not contract with out-of-state Medicaid plans, except in situations where the service is not provided in the patient’s home state.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS)
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) provides information about available healthcare services for people without healthcare insurance:
Ohio Consumer Hotline
Or call your local county Department of Job and Family Services.
Stay up-to-date about the Marketplace at the following websites:
Visit healthcare.gov/subscribe to get email or text updates that will help you get ready to apply.
Tools to help determine potential subsidies:
Contact us to learn more about the Marketplace and your insurance options
- You will need to fill out a form with your contact information.
- A Cleveland Clinic representative will then follow-up with you to discuss your insurance coverage options through the Marketplace.
- Begin filling out Marketplace form.
You can email us with any questions at Marketplace@ccf.org or call 1.866.348.4393.