About the Neurological Institute
The multidisciplinary Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute includes more than 300 medical, surgical and research specialists dedicated to the treatment of adult and pediatric patients with neurological and psychiatric disorders. The institute offers a disease-specific, patient focused approach to care. Our unique, fully integrated model strengthens our current standard of care, allows us to measure quality and outcomes on a continual basis, and enhances our ability to conduct research. U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Hospitals” survey consistently has ranked our neurology and neurosurgery programs among the top 10 in the nation. Our neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, and pediatric neurology and neurosurgery programs are also ranked best in Ohio.
The institute model allows our patients to better access the care they need through specialized, multidisciplinary, disease-specific centers that integrate the expertise of neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, psychologists, neuroradiologists, and others, into the comprehensive care of a single disease.
We provide care across the spectrum of neurological disorders, including primary and metastatic tumors of the brain, spine and nerves; pediatric and adult epilepsy; headache, facial pain syndromes and associated disorders; movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor and dystonia; cerebral palsy and spasticity; hydrocephalus; metabolic and mitochondrial disease; fetal and neonatal neurological problems; multiple sclerosis; stroke; cerebral aneurysms; brain and spinal vascular malformations; carotid stenosis; intracranial atherosclerosis; nerve and muscle diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, myasthenia gravis and myopathies; sleep disorders; and mental/behavioral health disorders and chemical dependencies.
Neurological Institute Chairmen:
- Michael T. Modic, MD, FACR Chairman, Neurological Institute
- William Bingaman, MD Vice Chairman, Clinical Areas, Neurological Institute
- Richard Rudick, MD Vice Chairman, Research and Development, Neurological Institute
- Edward C. Benzel, MD Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Kerry Levin, MD Chairman, Department of Neurology
- Thomas Masaryk, MD Chairman, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
- Donald Malone, MD Chairman, Department of Behavioral Health
- Bruce Trapp, PhD Chairman, Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute
- Frederick Frost, MD Chairman, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation