What are hospitalists?
Doctors Who Focus on Your Care While You Are Hospitalized
Hospitalists are physicians whose primary professional focus is your general medical care while you are hospitalized. They ensure a continuity of care and they keep your primary care physician informed.
Their activities include patient care, teaching, research and leadership related to hospital medicine.
- Cover majority of medical inpatients (both with/without resident teams)
- Educate residents and students
- Conduct research into medical and perioperative conditions:
- Over 100 research projects presented at national meetings since 2005
- Largest representation at most national Hospital Medicine meetings
- Strive to make the medical and surgical hospital environment a safe, efficient, and satisfying experience for patients and colleagues.