When it is your heart, it’s only natural to seek out a hospital where cardiac care has a history of success. That just makes sense.
Why is experience so important in cardiac care?
Simply because the more experience a hospital has, the better its success rate is likely to be. You will find that experience at the Fairview Hospital Heart Center.
The interaction between our team of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses and technologists forms the foundation of our program. Working together on thousands of cases, these dedicated specialists have developed the kind of teamwork, communication and trust that brings exceptional judgment, extraordinary experience and outstanding outcomes to cases of any complexity.
It is this experience that sets the Fairview Heart Center apart. The history of coronary care at Fairview Hospital dates back over 40 years to when we opened one of the nation’s first dedicated Coronary Care Units.
The Heart Center provides comprehensive diagnostic, medical and surgical heart services, including:
- Experienced physicians, surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals
- Chest Pain Center, providing immediate evaluation and intervention
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, offering many diagnostic and interventional services
- Electrophysiology (EP) Laboratory, diagnosing and treating electrical dysfunction
- Rini Cardiac Diagnostic Center, offering advanced non-invasive cardiac services
- Kemper Coronary Care Center, a sophisticated cardiac intensive care unit for monitoring and treating heart patients, 24 hours a day
- Telemetry Monitoring Room, where patients wearing cardiac monitors are monitored by experienced personnel 24 hours a day
- Progressive Coronary Care Unit, overlooking the Cleveland Metroparks
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, providing guidance and support to patients as they travel the road to recovery
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinic, providing proactive disease management to assist patients in understanding and managing their heart condition
- Cleveland Clinic Open Heart Services, bringing world-class surgical care to Cleveland's west side
- Pediatric Cardiology, evaluating cardiac conditions of infants and children, referred by their physician
- Pediatric echocardiograms and heart ultrasounds are also available.
Diagnostic services assess the cardiovascular system’s structure and function.
Programs teach cardiac patients how to live a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Immediate emergency evaluation and treatment services for chest pain.
Outpatient program that monitors and supports patients with Congestive Heart Failure.
24-hour monitoring and intensive care treatment of patients with urgent heart issues.
Heart surgery options that enable patients to live a longer and more active life.
Screening program to help women identify risk factors for heart disease .