News at Fairview Hospital
Our goal is to provide timely information to the community and the media on Fairview Hospital news, programs, services and events.
Fairview Hospital ranked within the Top 10 of Cleveland-area hospitals by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals in Cleveland”. U.S. News & World Report also recognized Fairview Hospital as a high-performing in 10 adult specialities including Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, and Urology.
Learn the latest information in your community in our Health Essentials newsletter.
Events at Fairview Hospital
Irregular heartbeats, or arrhythmia, can be relatively harmless or it can signal a serious medical condition. If you have questions or are interested in hearing about the causes, risk factors, symptoms and treatment options for irregular heartbeats join us on Friday, December 6 for a free Healthwise Connections event at Richard E. Jacobs health center.
This event begins with a light breakfast at 9:30 a.m. followed at 10 a.m. with a presentation by Cleveland Clinic Cardiovascular Medicine specialist Christine Tanaka-Esposito, MD. Reservations are required by calling 877.390.1732.
Fit in Fairview – Adult Fitness Challenge 2014
A Cleveland Clinic Healthy Communities Initiative
Kick off the new year in a healthy way! Join us for an eight-week fitness challenge that includes programs on health-related topics each Monday at 6 p.m. followed by a Walk with a Health Professional with gradually increasing mileage; and before-and-after screenings of cholesterol panel numbers, blood pressure, body mass index and blood glucose levels. Prizes awarded to the top three participants who make the most significant change in numbers and participate fully in the program. Each participant will receive a starting kit that includes a pedometer and water bottle. Open to both residents and non-residents of Fairview Park.
For more information, call Rosemary Miles at 440.331.0618.
- Screening*: Saturday, January 11, 2014 |8 a.m. to Noon.
Free admission to the Gemini Center at kick-off on January 11, with free preview of fitness classes such as yoga and spinning.
- Date & Time: Weekly sessions start Monday, January 13 through March 8, 2014 at 6 p.m.
- Location: Gemini Recreation Center, 21225 Lorain Ave., Fairview Park, OH 44126
- Cost: $10 for full eight weeks
- Registration required: Register online at activityreg.com and click on Ohio, then Fairview Park, then on Adult Fitness, and then Fit in Fairview
* You must fast for 12 hours before lipid panel screening on January 11
Celebrating 10 years strong! Straight from the Heart
- All proceeds to benefit the Heart Centers at Fairview, Lakewood and Lutheran Hospitals.
- Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Win $100,000 or one of 39 other great prizes
- Raffle tickets can be purchased for $100 each or 3 for $200.
- For more information or to register, visit www.straightfromtheheartevent.org or call 216.476.7061.
- Early Bird Raffles: Two $1,000 winners
The first raffle will be drawn from entries received by December 13, 2013. The second raffle will be drawn from entries received by January 17, 2014. All early bird winners will be eligible for prizes to be drawn at the event.
Schedule of events for each month at Fairview Hospital and the surrounding community hospitals.
Educational programs and events offered at Fairview for the entire family.