All applicants are required to apply to our program through ERAS. For an application to be complete, it must have the following:
- ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Scores or COMLEX Scores
- Dean’s Letter
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Medical School Diploma (if applicable)
For more information, please contact the Residency Coordinator:
Vickie Krogulecki, Residency Coordinator
Family Medicine Residency Program
Fairview Hospital/Cleveland Clinic
18200 Lorain Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44111
Phone: 216.476.7086 Fax: 216.476.7604
International Medical Graduates Requirements»
- USMLE Step I & 2 - Score must be 205 (85) or above on Step I and 204 (85) or above on Step II (must be on first attempt).
- If you have taken Step III, you must have a passing score on the first attempt and must pass Clinical Skills on first attempt.
- 6 to 12 months US clinical experience preferred; inpatient experience preferred
- Observerships are considered a part of US Experience. *
- Graduation from medical school must be within 7 years.
- The hospital sponsors J1 and H1 visas on an individual basis
* Fairview Hospital does not offer observerships/externships
You will be contacted by email if your application is accepted for an interview. As part of your interview experience, you will have ample opportunity to meet with residents and faculty. The following is what to expect on an interview day.
On the evening before your interview, there will be a social dinner with the residents, generally two residents, and up to 4 interviewees. Significant others are welcome to the dinner, as well.
On the day of your interview:
- You will receive an overview of the program by the Program Director, as a group.
- You will have four interviews – two with faculty members, one with the department’s behavioral science coordinator, and an individual meeting with the Program Director.
- You will spend time with the residents during lunch at the hospital.
- One of the residents will give you a tour of the Center for Family Medicine and of Fairview Hospital.
After an interview is scheduled for you, you will receive a packet of information, via email. The packet will include your confirmation letter, driving directions, and your hotel accommodations (if requested).
Our interviews are scheduled on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays during the month of November, December, and the first two weeks of January.
If you have any questions about the interview process, please contact Vickie Krogulecki at 216.476.7086 or firstname.lastname@example.org .