Healthcare in your community
Your good health is our greatest achievement. We are a proud member of the community and will continue to provide the world-class, compassionate care you deserve. Thank you for choosing Lakewood Hospital for your healthcare needs.
Lakewood Hospital embraces a philosophy of open and flexible patient visitation that welcomes and encourages family/significant others’ involvement in patient care. As such, general patient visiting hours will be permitted 24/7. Please visit the Guest Services tab for more information regarding visiting hours at Lakewood Hospital.
Critical Care Units (ICU, CCU, Neuro Integrated Care Unit)
The number of visitors will be limited to two at a time due to condition status. Additional visitors will be directed to the nearest visitor lounge. Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
For general information, please call 216.521.4200.
News at Lakewood Hospital
Important Information Regarding Lakewood Hospital
On December 21, 2015, Lakewood City Council voted unanimously to accept a new Master Agreement between Lakewood Hospital Association, City of Lakewood and Cleveland Clinic.
Under the agreement, the following changes will take place at Lakewood Hospital:
- Inpatient services (those that require an overnight stay) will begin transitioning out of Lakewood Hospital throughout the month of January and will end on February 5, 2016.
- Cleveland Clinic will build a new $34 million, 62,000 sq. ft. family health center with a brand new state-of-the-art emergency department. Construction of the new facility is planned to begin in 4th quarter 2016 and is expected to be completed in mid-2018.
- The current emergency department will remain open at Lakewood Hospital until the new family health center and its new full-service emergency department opens.
- Several outpatient services will continue to be available at Lakewood Hospital including, cardiovascular testing, the Chronic Care Clinic, the Diabetes Center, the Senior Assessment Center, the Teen Health Center, Women’s Health in the Community Health Center and therapy services in the YMCA.
- All Lakewood Hospital employees are being offered a job within Cleveland Clinic’s health system.
Cleveland Clinic has been proud to be the healthcare provider for the Lakewood community for nearly two decades and is looking forward to providing ongoing care in this new era of healthcare.
Additional details about the new Master Agreement can be found on the City of Lakewood website at www.onelakewood.com.
If you have further questions, please call 216.227.1280.
- Press Release
- Video - A glimpse into what a new Cleveland Clinic family health center and emergency department can bring to the residents of Lakewood, Ohio.