Webchat Transcripts - Questions and Answers with a Physician
Cardiovascular disease is by far the leading cause of death in the United States. The more risk factors you have, the greater your chance of developing cardiovascular disease. Research about cardiovascular disease risk factors suggest that making even small lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of coronary artery disease, heart attack, stroke and other serious cardiovascular conditions. As a leader in heart care, Cleveland Clinic’s Preventive Cardiology Program uses the very latest technology in diagnosis and treatment.
Read transcripts of prior webchats on this topic:
- Understanding Heart Disease Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 06/17/14)
- Heart Healthy Living (Dr. Blackburn and Julia Zumpano, RD, LD 11/18/13)
- Heart and Vascular Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 10/01/13)
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease (Dr. Hazen 07/09/13)
- Heart Healthy Living (Dr. Blackburn and Kate Patton, MEd, RD, CSSD, LD 03/25/13)
- Tweet Chat: Obesity and Heart Disease (Dr. Hubbard 11/07/12)
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease (Dr. Hazen 09/25/12)
- Tweet Chat: Managing Childhood Obesity (Drs. Alkhouri and Blackburn 07/30/12)
- Heart Healthy Diet (Julia Zumpano, RD, LD 05/18/12)
- Cardio-Athlete (Dr. Blackburn 05/16/12)
- Resistant Hypertension (Drs. Shishehbor and Thomas 01/05/12)
- Stress, Depression and Heart Disease (Dr. Pozuelo 12/08/11)
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 09/06/11)
- The Cardio Athlete (Drs. Blackburn and Mihaljevic 05/02/11)
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (Dr. Hazen 08/03/10)
- Stress, Depression and Heart Disease (Dr. Pozuelo 04/21/10)
- Reduce Your Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease (Dr. Frid 04/05/10)
Watch video chat
Follow Heart and Vascular Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter. Simply sign up for an account if you don’t have one, and then go to twitter.com/ClevClinicHeart and click the “follow” button.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic as a convenience service only and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that this information, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. The views and opinions expressed by an individual in this forum are not necessarily the views of the Cleveland Clinic institution or other Cleveland Clinic physicians.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.