Cleveland Clinic Florida orthopaedic surgeons are highly trained in the latest techniques and treatments to treat the full spectrum of orthopaedic problems, from simple fractures, sports injuries, joint replacements to the most complex conditions.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cleveland Clinic Florida is staffed by highly trained specialists and leaders in their field of expertise. Our surgeons are skilled in the latest techniques, including minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement surgery, and the department offers a comprehensive range of orthopaedic services and subspecialties.
Our orthopaedic team focuses on diseases, injuries and conditions affecting the body’s muscles and skeleton, including the joints, ligaments, tendons and nerves. We achieve excellent medical outcomes by taking a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with specialists from related departments, such as the Spine Care Center, Physical Rehabilitation, Radiology and Sports Health.
To schedule an appointment, please call 877.463.2010.
Services and subspecialties offered by the Department of Orthopaedics include:
- Hand surgery
- Treatment of fractures
- Lower and upper extremity joint replacement. Unfortunately, repetitive movement and pressure can cause problems with connective bone and tissue.
- Sports medicine
- Shoulder and knee arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery
- Musculoskeletal tumor surgery
- Non-surgical podiatric (foot care) management
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Platelet Rich Plasma
Complex primary and revision joint replacement
- Complex joint replacement surgery
- Partial joint replacement
- Partial resurfacing
- Computer assisted
- Custom joint replacement
- Reverse joint replacement
Advanced arthroscopic techniques
- Revision rotator cuff repair
- Knee multi-ligamentous
- Knee reconstruction
- Revision arthroscopic knee surgery
- All-Inside ACL reconstruction
Minimally invasive joint replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive hip, knee and shoulder replacement
- Minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement surgery
Minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement surgery
Cleveland Clinic Florida is one of the only hospitals in the region to offer minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement surgery, an advanced procedure involving no muscle cutting. The procedure spares any invasion into the large muscle or tendon groups around the hip and is usually done through a smaller incision.
Minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement surgery typically provides the following benefits:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery times
- Less pain and need for pain meds
- Less risk of dislocation and no need for postoperative restrictions in motion
- Use of assistive devices (walkers or canes) for shorter times (typically 7-10 days only)
- Center Director, Orthopaedics & Rheumatology
Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Head, Section of Hand Surgery,
Chair, Department of Plastic Surgery
- Spine and Sports Medicine Specialist
- Head, Section of Sports Medicine
- Hand Surgeon, Weston & West Palm Beach
- Head, Section of Adult Joint Reconstruction
- Sport Medicine Specialist, West Palm Beach
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
Christian Chiarelli, PA-C Physician Assistant
Orthopaedic Medicine is concerned with diseases, injuries and conditions of the body’s muscles and skeleton, including the joints, ligaments, tendons, and nerves. By definition, orthopaedic medicine involves the expertise of specialists from many different fields of medicine.
Cleveland Clinic Florida is founded on the belief that a collaboration of physicians from various medical disciplines results in the highest level of patient care. This guiding principle is also practiced with the realization that the department offers multiple services in a single location, providing patients with a high level of comfort and peace-of-mind. Physicians representing virtually every field of medicine are literally steps away and available to see patients in a moment’s notice.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery works closely with the Medical, Interventional and Surgical Spine Care Center in order to attain the best care possible for patients. Sometimes, surgical solutions are not always required, but Cleveland Clinic’s integrated and multi-department diagnostic approach assures the patient of receiving the most practical and medically effective treatment options.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Medical, Interventional and Surgical Spine Center collaboration are prime examples of how Cleveland Clinic is the patient’s best advocate for sound health and wellness treatment options Patients receive the benefit of multi-department collaboration every step of the way, an important part of the success orthopaedic and spinal treatments. Sports medicine specialists, orthopaedic surgeons, hand surgeons, podiatrists and many others all work closely together on the patient’s behalf.
For more information about our success rates, services and programs, and research and education, please download the Orthopaedic Surgery Outcomes Report.
Read the latest news from the Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine.