Cleveland Clinic's Medical Care at Home is a new service offered by Center for Connected Care. It provides high quality home visits to clinically appropriate patients by physicians and Advanced Practice Nurses specializing in geriatric medicine and care at home.
Patients who could benefit from Cleveland Clinic's Medical Care at Home include the following:
- At-risk older adults who live in the community
- Those with serious chronic conditions
- Those not responding to an exclusively office-based plan of care
- Those who have difficulty getting to or from your office and may have missed or canceled appointments
- Those recently discharged from a hospital, skilled nursing facility or rehabilitation facility
- Those with falls, balance or mobility problems
- Those with late-life depression, memory disorders or behavioral health concerns
Services available to patients include:
- Geriatric assessment, chronic illness consults and ongoing case management
- Care plan development to address medical, functional, nutritional, behavioral health and social concerns
- Assistance with advanced directives, end-of-life discussions and goals of care decisions in the privacy of the home
- Ongoing primary medical care
- Assistance with arranging for other health services, such as mobile X-ray, blood work, portable EKG or specialist visits, etc.
Other services can be considered on a case-by case basis. Please note that we do not provide emergency care.
Paying for Care
Cleveland Clinic's Medical Care at Home accepts assignment for Medicare beneficiaries. If appropriate, we will bill secondary insurance for the co-pay. For those with private insurance, we will verify benefits and inform the patient/guardian of any responsibility for charges.
For more information about Cleveland Clinic's Medical Care at Home or to make a referral, please contact our office at 216.636.8742.
While Cleveland Clinic's Medical Care at Home places the care of patients first, we honor and respect collaboration with our colleagues. You know your patients best, and our goal is to complement your knowledge and involvement during periods of difficulty or for ongoing conditions if office-based care no longer meets the patient’s needs. Of course, we will work closely with the other services and programs within Cleveland Clinic at Home, as well as with community professionals and service agencies. Through collaboration, we want to ensure patients have the resources necessary to remain in the community.
Please read more information about our Medical Care at Home program.
Medical Care at Home Program Overview