The Office of Diversity & Inclusion co-sponsors various events through the year on an annual basis. These events include:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Celebration: Co-sponsored event between the Office of Diversity & Inclusion and Community Relations.
- Minority Men’s Health Fair: Office of Diversity & Inclusion participates at the Minority Men’s Health Fair. All attendees were eligible for participation in 30 free preventative health screenings and physician advisements.
- Diversity Walk: Office of Diversity & Inclusion coordinates the Health & Wellness Pavilion at the Diversity Walk. Each year, approximately 1,500 participants are expected.
- Community Advisory Panels: These panels are a collaboration between the Office of Diversity & Inclusion and Community Relations. The goal of the panels is to have an external group of ambassadors that work with our Division. Twenty participants are recruited to attend the panels. The panels meet quarterly and in collaboration with Pam Holmes, Senior Director, Community Outreach.
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Celebration 2011: Blaze the Trail
Watch highlights from this celebration of service, which took place January 14, 2011.
Employee, Volunteer & Organizational Awards
Cleveland Clinic recognizes employees' outstanding achievements in volunteer service to the communities we serve. In 2011, Cleveland Clinic gave the following awards:
- Hospital of the Year Award: Lutheran Hospital
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Angela Hill
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Carol Santalucia
- Institute of the Year Award: Lerner Research Institute
Lifetime of Service Award
The Reverend Dr. Otis Moss Jr. is Pastor Emeritus of Cleveland's Olivet Institutional Baptist Church. An internationally recognized religious scholar and human rights leader, Dr. Moss was befriended by Martin Luther King Jr. and the King family. Together, they advocated for justice in the civil rights movement. Dr. Moss is Cleveland Clinic's first recipient of the Lifetime of Service Award.