In addition to wellness exams, professionals within the Center for Specialized Women's Health offer a variety of services, including evaluation and/or treatment of:
- Peri- and post- menopausal concerns
- Hormonal concerns and menopausal hormone therapy including “bio-identical” hormones
- Osteoporosis including bone density and treatments which include yearly infusion therapy
- Uterine Fibroids and hysterectomy alternatives including UFE and endometrial ablations
- Urinary incontinence/urine leakage
- Urinary tract infections/bladder symptoms
- Sexually transmitted infections and vaginitis
- Female Sexual dysfunction
- Breast cancer risk assessment and breast concerns
- Cervical disease including HPV, colposcopy and LEEP
Women can access routine cancer screenings and information on cardiovascular disease prevention. In addition, expert counseling is available with respect to:
- Preconception/pre-pregnancy concerns
For women wanting primary care for routine and repeated observation with doctors who can also perform regular pap smears, download the directory for a list of women’s health primary care providers.
Several Cleveland Clinic staff members have participated in the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) Certified Menopause Practitioner Program (NCMP), a competency examination program to set the standards for menopause practices, and to assist women in locating clinicians who could provide optimal menopause-related health care.
Pictured: Front Row: Mary Clarkin, CNP NCMP, Jessica Strasburg, MD NCMP, Holly L. Thacker, MD FACP CCD NCMP Second row: Margery Gass, MD NCMP, Hannah Lisbona MD NCMP, Wulf Utian, MD PhD NCMP, Julian Peskin MD NCMP, Andrea L. Sikon, MD FACP CCD NCMP
Not Pictured: Pelin Batur, MD NCMP, Yvonne Braver, MD FACP NCMP, Laura Lipold, MD NCMP, LynnM. Pattimakiel, MD NCMP, Jennifer Poptic, MD NCMP, Sudhaker Rao, MD NCMP, Sheila Rice Dane MD NCMP, Shaila Sundaresh, MD NCMP, Kristi A. Tough, MD NCMP, Judith Volkar, MD NCMP, Devorah R. Wieder, MD NCMP.
Location: The Center for Specialized Women's Health is located on the main floor of the Crile Building (on East 100th Street between Euclid and Carnegie avenues) on the Clinic’s main campus.
Need an Appointment?
For questions, or if you'd like to schedule an appointment at the Center for Specialized Women's Health, call Cleveland Clinic 4HER® Women's Health Line at 216.444.4HER.
Interested in a Shared Medical Appointment (SMA)? This is an opportunity to share and discuss medical concerns with women who have similar health problems and concerns. They often provide patients with new insight and valuable information about their own health. Patients also enjoy the additional time they spend with their physician and appreciate the support of other healthcare professionals.
For more information on SMA 's download this flyer or call Teresa Westbrook at 216.475.2720.