Welcome to the Lung Transplant Program. The Lung Transplant Team at Cleveland Clinic is here to help you regain your health.
Learn about the lung transplantation process
We have designed an extensive teaching program to help you learn about the lung transplant procedure, and your individual health needs and medical care before and after the lung transplant.
We know that learning about the lung transplant process and how to care for your health may be overwhelming at first. But remember, you can learn a little each day.
We understand that you are both excited and nervous about your transplant; these are normal reactions. Being prepared in advance by learning and understanding what to expect during and after your lung transplant procedure will help ease your fear of the unknown.
Always discuss your questions and expectations with your health care providers.
Be an active partner in your health care
We believe it is important for you to be an active participant in your health care. You will need to assume a lot of responsibility in your own care by doing whatever is necessary to build and maintain your strength for the lung transplant.
Another important concern for your long-term health is for you to recognize and report any change in the way you feel; no one knows how you feel except you.
The Cleveland Clinic supports the following patient rights:
- Reasonable access to care.
- Considerate care that respects the patient's personal value and belief systems.
- Informed participation in decisions regarding the patient's care.
- Participation in the consideration of ethical issues that arise in the provision of the patient's care.
- Personal privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Designation of a representative decision maker in the event that the patient is incapable of understanding a proposed treatment or procedure, or is unable to communicate his or her wishes regarding care.
For More Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 216.444.8282. We will be happy to answer your questions.