Welcome to the Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplant Program. The Intestinal Transplant Team at Cleveland Clinic is here to help you regain your health.
Learn about the intestinal transplant process
- We know that learning about the intestinal transplantation process and how to care for your health may be overwhelming at first. But remember, you can learn a little each day.
- There will be times when you feel both excited and nervous about your transplant: these are normal reactions.
- Being prepared in advance by learning and understanding what to expect will help ease your fear of the unknown.
- We have designed an extensive teaching program to help you learn about the intestinal transplant process, your individual health needs, and medical care before and after your transplant.
- Always discuss your questions and expectations about your intestinal transplant with your health care providers.
Be an active partner in your health care
- We believe it is important for you to be an active participant in your health care.
- You will need to assume a lot of responsibility for your own care by doing whatever is necessary to build and maintain your strength for the intestinal transplant.
- Your health care providers will work with you throughout this process to optimize your care.
- Your long-term health is very important and you will learn how to recognize and report any change in the way you feel.
- No one knows how you feel except you.