Jennifer Z. Meecha, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, is a clinical nurse specialist in critical care at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital. Meecha has spent her nursing career within Cleveland Clinic health system at the main campus and Fairview Hospital locations. She began her career in 2005, as a cardiac step-down nurse at Cleveland Clinic main campus, and after two years, accepted a position as assistant nurse manager for the general medicine telemetry unit. She then spent five years as a staff nurse within the coronary intensive care unit where she acted as a charge nurse, while also playing an active role in the scheduling and performance improvement committees. Meecha accepted her current role in 2013.
Meecha serves as a caregiver team resource in the management of patients with complex conditions. Her priority is to improve patient outcomes by strengthening nursing practice. She incorporates best practice guidelines into nursing procedures for safe, quality and cost-effective results and collaborates with members of the healthcare team to develop comprehensive patient care plans. She is also a mentor to nursing staff in acquiring new skills, critical thinking development and more. Meecha is a member of the American Nurses Association (ANA) and serves as hospital liaison for the Lake Erie Chapter of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
- MSN, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 2013
- BSN, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 2004
- Board Certified Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (ACNS-BC), American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Certified Critical-Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Meecha is a clinical expert who leads by example. She is extremely involved with various industry associations and has actively participated on numerous health system committees and special projects, including unit-based shared governance, equipment and wellness nurse committees, as well as an intensive care unit charting committee and general medicine patient tracking committee. She has also served as a quality and safety officer.
Meecha’s clinical experience lies within the areas of critical care nursing, with additional expertise in coronary intensive care, general medicine telemetry and cardiac step-down.
Upon entering the profession of nursing, Meecha has served as a preceptor for new nurses and she often mentors nursing staff in acquiring new skills, developing critical thinking, promoting professional practice and ensuring clinical excellence. Meecha is also a trained instructor by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing in the teaching of a two-day class on end of life care.
- Member, American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Member, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Hospital Liaison, Lake Erie Chapter, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Past Member, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS)
- Past Member, Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- Member, Golden Key International Honour Society
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Honors & Awards
- Nursing Scholarship Recipient, Hattie Larlham, 2003
Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
18101 Lorain Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44111