Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Presentations
View presentations by Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute staff, fellows, and/or other health professionals.
Sign up now to receive
e-mail updates from the Sydell and Arnold Miller Heart & Vascular Institute
- Multi-modality Imaging for Diagnosis and Therapeutic Planning in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Milind Desai, MD, staff cardiologist in the Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, discusses a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Dr. Desai uses case studies to present examples of the use of imaging techniques to confirm or rule out diagnosis of HCM, risk stratify, and create a therapeutic plan.
- Women and Cardiovascular Disease
Leslie Cho, MD, Director of Cleveland Clinic’s Women’s Cardiovascular Center and Section Head, Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation discusses women and coronary artery disease. The issues Dr. Cho covers includes are there gender differences in risk factors, clinical manifestation of cardiovascular disease, cardiac testing and treatment and outcome of CAD.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 1
Lars Svensson, MD, PhD, Director of the Aorta Center and Director of the Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic, presents a two part series on the evolution in aortic valve and aortic surgery. Part 1 starts with aortic surgery and repair of the aortic root.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 2
Lars Svensson, MD, PhD continues his presentation with a discussion of the aortic valve, aortic valve stenosis and new innovations in aortic valve surgery.
Use the scroll bar on the right of the video list to see the full menu of videos.
Click on the video listed above to play the video.
- Endovascular Radial Artery Harvesting - Jose Navia, MD
- Mini-Sternotomy for Ascending Aortic Aneurysm and Bicuspid Aortic Valve Repair - Eric Roselli, MD and Gabriel Loor, MD
- Robotic Lingulectomy for Lung Mass - Siva Raja, MD, PhD and Sudish Murthy, MD
- Robotically Assisted Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery - For Physicians - Johannes Bonatti, MD
- Reoperation and Insertion of St. Jude Trifecta Valve - Lars Svensson, MD, PhD
- Minimal J Incision Aortic Valve Replacement with Trifecta Valve - Lars Svensson, MD, PhD
Imaging-guided Treatment of Pericarditis
Allan Klein, MD, Director of Cardiovascular Imaging Research, Director of the Center for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pericardial Diseases, staff cardiologist in the Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, and Chairman of the writing committee of the American Society of Echocardiography Clinical Recommendations for Multimodality Cardiovascular Imaging of Patients with Pericardial Disease answers the following questions during this video chat.
- Can you talk about the new multimodality guidelines for imaging in the management of pericardial disease?
- How often do you use imaging during the course of treatment?
- Do you ever combine imaging techniques? When is this appropriate?
- What do you find is the best imaging test to use for pericardial disease?
- What is the role of inflammatory markers, such as CRP or Sed Rate?
- How does your imaging technique change in a patient when there is inflammation?
- What are the differences in findings you would see with constrictive pericarditis?
- How do differentiate constriction from restriction?
- What are the findings in pericardial effusions?
- What do you do for treatment in patients with chronic pericardial effusions
- What are the implications of a calcified pericardium?
- How do you treat recurrent pericarditis when there is many relapses
- What is time frame for follow up exams for acute pericarditis and/or constrictive pericarditis?
- How successful is pericardiectomy and what are the results?
- What is the function of the pericardium? Can you live without it?
- Testing for pericardial conditions such as pericardial cyst; pericardial masses and other more unusual pericardial conditions
- Tell me about your pericardial center? Is that unique?
- What are the biggest pearls in management of pericarditis and the new guidelines?
MedPageToday is source for clinical information and news for health care professionals.
The Impact of Atrial Fibrillation Series:
- The Changing Prevalence of Atrial Fibrillation – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- Afib: Looking Forward – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- This Patient Has Symptomatic Paroxysmal Afib With a CHADS2 Score of 2--What Next? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- Should We Screen for Atrial Fibrillation? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- What Role for Catheter Ablation? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- What We Don't Know About Atrial Fibrillation – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
A free Medscape/theheart.org account is required to view articles.
- The Future of Lipid Management: Novel Approaches for the At-Risk Patient CME.
Steven E. Nissen, MD; Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD,; A. Michael Lincoff, MD,; Christie M. Ballantyne, MD; John J.P. Kastelein, MD, PhD
CME Released: 11/10/2014 ; Valid for credit through 11/10/2015
- HDL-C: Target of Therapy or Fuggedaboutit?. A Solid Prognostic Biomarker
Steven E. Nissen, MD, MACC, chairman of the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic and Peter Libby MD, chief of cardiology at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School discuss high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C). 11/06/14
- Ischemic Events in ACS: Unmet Needs in the Antiplatelet World CME. A. Michael Lincoff, MD; Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH; Kenneth W. Mahaffey, MD; Robert F. Storey, BSc, BM, MRCP, FESC
CME Released: 02/14/2014 ; Valid for credit through 02/14/2015
- A Systems Approach to VTE: Highlighting Best Practices to Ensure Optimal Outcomes CME. Samuel Z. Goldhaber, MD; Jeffrey I. Weitz, MD; Heather Gornik, MD
CME Released: 02/03/2014 ; Valid for credit through 02/03/2015
- Novel Approaches to Lipid Management: Modulating the PCSK9/LDL Receptor Balance CME. Steven E. Nissen, MD; Christie M. Ballantyne, MD; Eric Bruckert, MD, PhD; M. John Chapman, BSc (Hons), PhD, DSc, FESC; John J.P. Kastelein, MD, PhD; Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD, FRACP
CME Released: 10/01/2013; Valid for credit through 10/01/2014
- Modulating PCSK9 and the LDL Receptor: Tipping the Balance of Power CME. Steven E. Nissen, MD; Christie M. Ballantyne, MD; Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD, FRACP
CME Released: 06/06/2013; Valid for credit through 06/06/2014
- Clinical Cases of Mixed Dyslipidemia: Perspectives from a Community Cardiologist CME. Stephen Nicholls, MBBS, PhD; Michael B. Rocco, MD. CME Released: 05/14/2013; Valid for credit through 05/14/2014.
- Early Risk of Mortality After Revascularization. What Do We Need To Do? CME/CE. Rahul N. Doshi, MD; Mina K. Chung, MD; David E. Kandzari, MD; Eric E. Roselli, MD
CME/CE Released: 04/17/2013; Valid for credit through 04/17/2014
- Clarifying Controversies in Cardiovascular Outcomes: Evidence-Based Strategies for Setting and Achieving Glycemic Goals in Type 2 Diabetes CME. Steven E. Nissen, MD; Codirector; Leslie Cho, MD; William C. Cushman, MD; Robert H. Eckel, MD; Lawrence A. Leiter, MD, FRCPC. CME Released: 12/28/2012; Valid for credit through 12/28/2013.
- Assessing the Principles of Practice: Stroke Prevention in the New Era of Anticoagulation CME. Bruce D. Lindsay, MD; Kenneth W. Mahaffey, MD; Stuart J. Connolly, MD, CME Released: 12/12/2012; Valid for credit through 12/12/2013.
- Expert Updates on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes. Leslie Cho, MD; Bernard Zinman, MD; Robert H. Eckel, MD; Darren K. McGuire, MD, MHSc; Steven Nissen, MD CME Released: 09/27/2012; Valid for credit through 09/27/2013.
- Complex Patients With Cardiovascular Disease: Sharpening the Focus on Renal Function. Leslie Cho, MD; Matthew R. Weir, MD; Matthew H. Rusk, MD. Faculty and Disclosures. CME Released: 08/13/2012; Valid for credit through 08/13/2013
- Shedding Light on HDL: Myths and Controversies. Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD, FRACP. CME Released: 05/09/2012; Valid for credit through 05/09/2013.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Putting This Jigsaw Puzzle Together. Ileana L. Pina, MD, MPH; Bruce L. Wilkoff, MD. Posted: 09/27/2011.
- Evaluating the Data: What Recent Clinical Trials Can Teach Us About Preventing Atrial Fibrillation-Related Stroke CME. Bruce D. Lindsay, MD; Gregory Y. H. Lip, MD; Keith A. A. Fox, MB, ChB; John H. Alexander, MD, MHS. Authors and Disclosures. CME Released: 09/23/2011; Valid for credit through 09/23/2012
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Atrial Fibrillation-Related Stroke CME
Audio Curbside Consult w/ Drs. Lindsay and Saliba. Released: 08/26/2011
- Taking the Lead in Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention: Options for the At-Risk Patient CME
Bruce L. Wilkoff, MD. Released: 03/24/2011
- Facing the Challenges in Stable Ischemic Heart Disease Management CME
James B. Young, MD, Chair; C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD; Richard W. Nesto, MD; Rita F. Redberg, MD, MSc. Released: 02/16/2011
- First Response: ESC Guidelines for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation
A. John Camm, MD; Gregory Y.H. Lip, MD; Stefan H. Hohnloser, MD. Released: 02/15/2011
GenTAC Aortic Summit
ORLive is an online video broadcasting source for physicians and surgeons.
- Video Broadcast: Early Intervention in the Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease
Cleveland Clinic and Intuitive Surgical, Inc.- Moderator Julie Huang, MD, staff cardiologist; Brian P. Griffin, MD, FACC, staff cardiologist; A. Marc Gillinov, MD, staff cardiac surgeon; and Tomislav Mihaljevic, MD, staff cardiac surgeon discuss mitral valve prolapse, treatment options and surgery guidelines for asymptomatic patients. The panelists discuss the da Vinci® Mitral Valve Repair, minimally invasive, sternum-sparing procedure in detail, as a treatment option for asymptomatic mitral valve disease. (approx. 75 min)