Multicultural Hair & Skin Center
Established in 1923, Cleveland Clinic's Department of Dermatology has been treating skin and hair disorders in patients of all skin types for decades. In 2011, the Multicultural Skin Center was founded, recognizing and appreciating the specific medical and cosmetic needs of skin with more color, which includes patients with Asian, African American, Arab and Hispanic backgrounds. In light of this, MSC will uniquely focus on improving treatment outcomes of skin conditions which disproportionately affect this population.
An evaluation is undertaken to find out the causes of all types of hair loss. We offer cutting edge medical and surgical treatment of hair loss.
Figure 1: Pt with central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia (hair loss) that responded to medical treatment
Improving the Appearance of Skin
Uneven skin tone and blotches from acne and other rashes can disfigure the skin. We offer the safe and effective treatment to address these skin conditions including the following:
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (fleshy moles)
- Acne scarring
- Keloids (thick scars)
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps)
- Skin discoloration (uneven skin tone, blotchy skin)
- Melasma (browning/discoloration of face)
- Deep facial wrinkles
Figure 2: Pt with Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne that responded to chemical peels and hydroquinone
Figure 3: Pt with numerous Dermatosis papulosa Nigra (“fleshy moles”) that were removed with hyfurcation with good cosmesis
Skin Rashes and Cancers
We offer cutting edge treatment of skin rashes including eczema, fungal infections, drug rashes and skin cancers.
- Laser treatment for hair removal
- Laser treatment for acne scarring, keloids
- Chemical Peels for scarring, acne, discoloration
- Microdermabrasion for scarring, discoloration
- Botox for dynamic wrinkles
- Chemical fillers (collagen injections/Hyaluronic acid etc) for static wrinkle
- Sclerotherapy to remove spider veins
- Photodynamic therapy for acne
Schedule an Appointment Online
Call us for an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon,
contact the Dermatology & Plastic Surgery Institute at 216.444.5725
(or toll-free 1.800.223.2273, ext. 45725).
To arrange a same-day visit, call 216.444.7000