View Cancer Clinical Trials
(Adult/Pediatric) Pilot study to assess the feasibility of collecting quality of life data in collaboration with the Stem Cell Therapeutic Outcomes Database
|Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- To evaluate the feasibility of prospectively collecting QOL data on a large cohort of allogeneic HCT recipients in multiple centers. This will be assessed primarily through participation and retention rates for the study.
- To determine whether the processes, procedures and systems put in place at a limited number of transplant centers, as well as within the CIBMTR Survey Research Group and Statistical Center, are adequate and feasible to collect high quality data for a QOL data collection system for the Stem Cell Therapeutic Outcomes Database, a component of the C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program.
- To describe and correlate the patient-reported QOL data with the clinical and demographic data captured on either the CIBMTR Transplant Essential Data Forms (TED) or the CIBMTR comprehensive research report forms.
- Adult (≥ 18 years), or pediatric (≥2 years and < 18 years) allogeneic HCT recipient (related, unrelated, or CBU) at participating pilot study transplant centers.
- Signed informed consent form from adult patient or parent/guardian of pediatric patient.
- Patient must have a valid mailing address within the United States to receive QOL surveys.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Patients with access to a telephone.
Exclusion Criteria Not Available
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.