View Cancer Clinical Trials
A Study of Outcomes and Toxicity of Busulfex as Part of a High Dose Chemotherapy Preparative Regimen in Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients with Plasma Cell Myeloma
|Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Primary Objective:
- To compare relapse-free survival and overall survival between Busulfex and oral Busulfan when used for conditioning with cyclophosphamide in plasma cell myeloma patients undergoing autologous HSCT.
- Secondary Objectives:
- To compare pulmonary toxicity rates between Busulfex and oral Busulfan when used for conditioning with cyclophosphamide in plasma cell myeloma patients undergoing autologous HSCT.
- Patients with a diagnosis of plasma cell myeloma
- Patients with cardiac ejection fraction ≥ 45% or clearance by CCF cardiologist
- Patients with DLCO ≥ 45% predicted or clearance by CCF pulmonologist
- Patient with previously harvested peripheral blood progenitor cells with a minimum of 2 x 10^6 CD34+ cells/kg harvested
- Patient is greater than 18 years of age
- Patients receiving total body irradiation
- Non-myeloablative/reduced-intensity conditioning
- Pregnant or breast-feeding patients
- HIV positive
- Patient with Serum creatinine > 2.0
- Prior HSC transplant
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.