Gina Cronin, Program Director, with the 2013-2014 Administrative Fellows
Cleveland Clinic's Fellowship Program is sponsored by the CEO and senior clinical and administrative leadership. Cleveland Clinic is an integrated healthcare organization with an innovative institute structure and advanced physician-employment model. The Cleveland Clinic Administrative Fellowship offers outstanding opportunities for fellows in a variety of operational, clinical, strategic growth and international arenas. Under the mentorship and guidance of the program director and other executive leaders, the fellows gain excellent career experiences in leading-edge areas of management. This project-based (not rotational) fellowship is geared towards the highly-motivated graduate with some practical experience in healthcare.
During the first three weeks, the Administrative Fellows meet with 70-100 key administrators, physicians, directors, and leaders throughout the organization. These meetings provide perspective of the Cleveland Clinic’s system-wide operations as well as its unique organizational structure. The success of a physician-administrator model is a unique dynamic to the Clinic. The purpose of this orientation stage is to help the Fellows lay a foundation from which to build their fellowship experiences, including an avenue to build networking contacts and operational resources. During this time, the Fellows are encouraged to identify areas of interest, potential project work, and mentor opportunities.
The fellowship provides development through a Fellowship Competency Model. Fellows are evaluated and coached around the following seven competencies: adaptability, communication, decision making, initiative, managing work, teamwork, and work standards.
Compensation & Benefits
The Administrative Fellows will receive a stipend competitive with similarly structured programs. Benefits include the following:
- 28 days of paid time off (including holidays, vacation, and sick time)
- Medical coverage through the Cleveland Clinic Employee Health Plan at the employee rate
- Employee health plan includes free onsite gym membership as well as other health and wellness classes
- Payment of travel, lodging, and dining expenses to attend one healthcare related professional meeting or seminar
- Opportunities to take educational and leadership development classes offered by Cleveland Clinic and its affiliates
- Fellows will be provided work space and adequate resources to support them during the Fellowship
Other benefits of the Administrative Fellowship Program include:
- A project-based fellowship with multiple options tailored to the interests of the Fellow
- Opportunity to manage substantive project initiatives, and teams
- Consistent exposure to executive and institute-level leadership
- Experience with an integrated healthcare system featuring the main campus, family health centers, and community hospitals
- National and international project opportunities