Administrative Fellowship Program: Application Process
Qualified applicants have a Masters degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA) or equivalent course work completed from a U.S. based university. Preferred applicants hold a Masters degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); however, applications from non-CAHME programs will be accepted for review.
- Cover Letter (addressed to Gina Cronin, Program Director)
- Graduate letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Official graduate school transcript
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Two essays, one page maximum (each):
- Explain how an administrative fellowship will help you attain your career goals and how a Cleveland Clinic fellowship complements these goals.
- While much of health care is still paid via a fee-for-service reimbursement model, the system stands poised to make a major shift to paying for value rather than volume. Of the new payment models currently being discussed, which do you believe will impact revenue most in the short term and how would you recommend Cleveland Clinic position itself for success in a new payment structure?
- Complete applications are accepted Friday, August 1 through Monday, September 22, 2014
- Up to six fellows will be selected for 2015-2016 in the 4th quarter of 2014
- Fellowship year begins July 1, 2015 and ends June 30, 2016
Candidates invited to interview on-site will participate in a day-long series of individual and panel meetings with various Cleveland Clinic administrators and executives. Candidates should plan on arriving the day prior to interviews for a tour of the facility and dinner with current and past fellows, the preceptors, and others committed to the success of the Administrative Fellowship Program. Overnight accommodations and full reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided.
Mail completed information to:
Administrative Fellowship Program
Attn: Joan Cook, Education Coordinator
9500 Euclid Avenue TT3-312
Cleveland, OH 44195
Please note: Application packets received after September 22, 2014 will not be considered.