Every year, people from all over the world receive care from Cleveland Clinic. Global Patient Services is here to assist you before, during and after your trip to Cleveland. Here are the steps to take in planning your visit to Cleveland Clinic:
Prepare to Schedule Your Appointment
- Read over the information in this website to learn how Global Patient Services will help you.
- Have your calendar ready so you know what dates are convenient for you to travel. (Do not purchase tickets until your appointments are made, however.)
- Have copies of your medical history ready to discuss.
- If you have health insurance, have your health insurance information ready to provide.
- Obtain the necessary documents (VISA, etc.) to enter the United States.
- Obtain all medical records in English.
Schedule Your Appointment
To schedule an international patient appointment with Cleveland Clinic, please contact Global Patient Services at the facility you wish to visit:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
GPS Scheduling: +1.844.330.0842 (toll-free)
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Location: Weston, Florida, USA
GPS Scheduling: +1.954.659.5080
Cleveland Clinic Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
GPS Scheduling: +1.416.507.6783
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
GPS Scheduling: +971.2.659.0200
Note: Contact your international operator to determine the dialing prefixes for calling the United States, Canada or the United Arab Emirates from your country.
During scheduling we will ask for the following information:
- Your language assistance needs. Learn more about our language assistance program.
- Your medical history. If you have obtained your medical records in English, we will give you mailing information so you can send them to us.
- Your health insurance information. If you do not have health insurance, we can discuss your preferred method of payment. A copy of your insurance card must be provided.
- Members of your family who are interested in scheduling appointments. Upon notification we will make all the necessary appointments for you and your family.
- Your contact information. Please plan to provide an email address (email is preferred).
- If you require special medical needs, please inform us prior to arrival to the United States.
Confirm Your Appointment
Once your appointments are scheduled, you will receive a confirmation packet in your email. It will detail the appointment information and any instructions you need to follow. A confirmation of your medical appointments (required by foreign embassies) will be included in the packet.
Please note that we email documents in the Portable Document Format (.PDF). To view them, please download the free Acrobat Reader program.
Once your appointments are confirmed, it is time to make travel arrangements.
Global Patient Services Coordinators
Global Patient Services coordinator will help you with every aspect of your travel and care. If you have a question, your Global Patient Services coordinator should be the first person you call.
A Global Patient Services coordinator will be assigned to you when you schedule your appointment.