Before Your Appointment
Depending upon the reason for your doctor’s visit, this checklist can help you prepare.
- Gather documents to bring to your doctor’s visit:
- Copies of any tests, x-rays, or medical histories relating to your medical problem.
- Completed medical history questionnaire.
- A list of all current medications taken on a regular basis, including over-the-counter and herbal medications.
- Review any special directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions prior to your appointment.
- Ask friends or relatives to accompany you if you wish. Depending on the type of appointment you have, you may need someone to take you home.
- Bring a sweater or coat. Our buildings are kept cool to protect and ensure the proper function of medical equipment.
Want to receive a reminder about your next appointment via text? Now you can.
Reminders are sent in the morning the day before your scheduled appointment. Simply reply in a text “Yes” to confirm or “No” to cancel. If a patient replies “No”, the appointment is canceled to open that time for another patient.
How to receive appointment text reminders:
- Verify that your cell phone number is registered with a Cleveland Clinic Appointment Representative. To confirm, please call 216.444.2273.
- Once your cell phone number is registered, enroll by texting "4clinictxt" to 622622.
- You will receive a confirmation text once enrolled.
You must be 18 years or older to receive the text reminder.
Text reminders are available for appointments at:
- Cleveland Clinic main campus
- Family Health Centers
- Remote Medical Practices
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Las Vegas
During Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have.
Not sure what to ask? Find suggestions:
After Your Appointment
What to expect after your appointment:
- If you need to see another doctor, we will make every effort to schedule additional tests and consultations at the earliest available time.
- If you need to be hospitalized, we will coordinate admitting arrangements and provide the hospital with information prior to your arrival.
Cleveland Clinic Admissions
Your doctor may recommend you be admitted to Cleveland Clinic. If so, you may have questions.
Our Admissions page has the information you need to make your stay as easy and comfortable as possible. Read our 2015 Patients and Visitor's Guide and watch our New Patient video for additional information.