Ann Roach, MSN, RNC-OB, RNC-MNN, ACNS-BC, is a board-certified clinical nurse specialist for Women’s and Children’s Services at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital. With an experienced background that entails more than 30 years in the nursing profession, Roach is a trusted colleague, partner and caregiver. She follows a teaching philosophy in her role, offering comprehensive new nurse orientation training and educational programming for nursing and medical staff members. She specializes in high-risk antepartum patient care.
- MSN, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 2009
- BSN, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 2002
- Diploma, Fairview Hospital School of Nursing, Cleveland, Ohio, 1983
- Board Certified Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (ACNS-BC), American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing (RNC-OB), The National Certification Corporation
- Maternal Newborn Nursing, (RNC-MNN), The National Certification Corporation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), American Heart Association
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor, American Heart Association/American Academy of Pediatrics
Roach demonstrates her leadership abilities throughout many programs and processes both within her direct team and throughout Fairview Hospital. She focuses much of her effort on ways in which her nursing colleagues can positively impact patient care – from fine-tuning hospital policies and procedures to manifesting strategies that will drive quality improvement on the nursing unit.
Dr.Roach is a clinical nurse specialist (CNS) for the care of women and children, with a special focus in antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum nursing as well as high-risk, critical care obstetrics.
Roach offers a vast career history in higher education. In the clinical setting, her experience includes seven years as an instructor for childbirth and childcare, and two years as a perinatal nurse educator at Fairview Hospital. Roach was a clinical teaching assistant for the accelerated nursing bachelor’s degree program at Ursuline College, and the accelerated registered nurse program at Cuyahoga Community College. She has also served as an adjunct faculty member at the following institutions:
- Case Western Reserve University, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, Ohio
- Lorain County Community College, Lorain, Ohio
- Notre Dame College, South Euclid, Ohio
- Ursuline College, The Breen School of Nursing, Pepper Pike, Ohio
Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
18101 Lorain Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44111