A variety of schedules are offered by the Zielony Nursing Institute on main campus as well as at many community hospitals. Scheduling is decentralized which allows each unit the flexibility to meet both the department needs and the individual nurses’ needs. While maintaining the balance you desire between work and home life, you will have the opportunity to join the ranks of a nursing team with a reputation for excellence.
- 8 Hour Shifts
- 12 Hour Shifts
- Combination of 8 and 12 Hour Shifts
- Full Time/Part Time
- PRN Program
- Parent Shift Program
- »Full Time/Part Time
An individual is considered full time if they are hired for and work a minimum of 72 hours bi-weekly.
An individual is considered part-time if they are hired for and work a maximum of 71 hours or a minimum of 40 hours bi-weekly.
If you are looking for a flexible schedule, competitive rate of pay and tremendous clinical opportunities at a world-renowned medical center, The Cleveland Clinic’s PRN Nursing Program is the perfect solution.
- »Parent Shift
Cleveland Clinic would like to introduce our new “Parent Shift,” a component of the PRN Nursing Program specially designed for Registered Nurses who want to work and practice nursing but have found it difficult to commit to shifts of eight hours or more.
- Monday through Friday and/or weekends
- Minimum two hour increments up to a maximum of six hours per day
- Flexible start times and end times
- Minimum of four "shifts" (eight hours) per month
- Actual duties will be determined by the Nurse Manger of each unit
- Assignments to a specific nursing unit or department will be based on previous experience and current competence
- Each nursing unit or department will determine the roles or tasks
- Parent Shift as well as PRN nurses will be required to work from 9am-2pm Monday through Friday during their first three weeks of employment to attend both Cleveland Clinic and nursing orientation.
- During this three week period, a short nursing refresher course will be provided by Nursing Education based upon a skills assessment of each individual.
- Department or unit specific competencies will be assessed on the unit - the Clinical Instructor will serve as a preceptor to insure competence in the roles and tasks required.
- Current license as a RN in the State of Ohio
- Successful completion of orientation and demonstration of competence
Cleveland Clinic offers an integrated, competitive and comprehensive benefits package that recognizes the needs of its diverse workforce, and provides meaningful choices to meet individual and family requirements. In general, eligibility for benefits is extended to:
- Regular full-time employees: scheduled 72 to 80 hours per pay period
- Regular part-time/weekender employees: scheduled 40 to 71 hours per pay period
As an employee of Cleveland Clinic, there are seemingly infinite wellness opportunities. The Total Care Wellness Program helps Total Care member employees focus on three areas: smoking cessation, weight management and physical activity. If the member employee completes the Total Care application at sign-up, these services are offered free of charge. By working at preventative wellness measures, Cleveland Clinic makes every effort to help its employees reach new levels of health and fitness.