South Pointe Hospital’s Cardiovascular Program features board-certified cardiologists who work closely with nurses and allied health professionals, trained in critical care and advanced cardiac life support.
Intensive Care Units
Our intensive care units are dedicated to providing cardiovascular patients with the support they need at each stage of their treatment and recovery. We provide:
- Special care for cardiac patients with dysrhythmias, myocardial infarctions and end-stage cardiac disease
- A step-down unit that monitors cardiac patients' response to their treatments and helps them regain independence
- Counseling for patients and their families during the hospital stay
- Pastoral guidance upon request
- Non-invasive cardiovascular testing
Prevention and Education
At South Pointe Hospital, we believe in educating our patients about their conditions and empowering them to prevent further health problems with the following programs.
To find out more about these programs, call 216.491.6532.
South Pointe Hospital is staffed and equipped to handle all cardiac emergencies as quickly as possible. Our services include:
- Emergency Department: Staffed by board-certified physicians and registered nurses certified in emergency care, these clinicians provide rapid identification of symptoms and intensive medical treatment to patients with early signs of heart attack.
- Emergency Transport Communication: While patients are being transported to South Pointe Hospital, the emergency transport team stays in continual contact with our physicians and trained mobile intensive care nurses, who guide paramedics in the field, saving crucial time in life-threatening emergencies.
Coronary CTA and echocardiograms are two heart-imaging options for diagnosing problems and irregularities of the heart.
Cardiac rehabilitation is a program designed to help patients quickly recover from heart problems and return to full, productive lives.
Cleveland Vascular Institute at South Pointe Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest quality medical care for patients with vascular disease.
Provides comprehensive outpatient medical services to the congestive heart failure patient.