News at Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
A variety of health information and events are available through our family health centers.
Cleveland Clinic Richard E. Jacobs Health Center celebrated its one-year anniversary!
It's been a year since the 190,000-square-foot Richard E. Jacobs Health Center opened its doors to the community in Avon and what a year it has been! The facility has over 420 full-time physicians, nurses and support staff that provide patients with world-class care in 38 adult and 13 pediatric specialties in addition to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
We have much to be proud of and are pleased to share a few of the center’s other notable achievements:
- We have welcomed over 320,000 patient visits and have performed more than 4,500 outpatient surgeries
- We launched the 24-hour, full-service emergency department (ED) with a helipad on September 5 and averages 40 visits a day
- The center offers the area’s only physical therapy area with two pools for aquatic therapy
- The center also includes an infusion suite for chemotherapy, full-scale optometry and pharmacy on-site
- The building received LEED Silver certification for its water efficiency, indoor air quality, minimization of site disturbance, the purchase of regionally manufactured materials and recycled content, as well as an overall energy cost reduction of nearly 15 percent
- The center also offers outreach program like “Walk with a Doc’ where Cleveland Clinic physicians invite members of the community to walk and talk about health topics on Saturday mornings.
Learn the latest information in your community in our Health Essentials newsletter.
November 7, 2011
Cleveland Clinic today announced its new Avon health center will be named in honor of former Cleveland Indians owner, developer and philanthropist Richard E. Jacobs.
- Find out about the health chats offered by Cleveland Clinic throughout the calendar year held at various locations.
- Cleveland Clinic in the News: Read the latest up-to-date information making headlines.
Events at Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
Community Connections Calendar is your guide to wellness events and activities held by your local Cleveland Clinic hospitals and family health centers.
Save the Date! It's All About Me...2013
An Exclusive Women's Health & Beauty Event:
It's All About Me...2013
Wednesday, May 8
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
Walk With a Doc
Every Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m.
Lorain County Metro Park
Black River Reservation - Bur Oak Entrance
6150 Ford Rd., Elyria
Walk with a Doc is a community outreach program that combines a casual 1.5 to 3 mile walk with a brief informative talk by our Cleveland Clinic physicians.