News at Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
A variety of health information and events are available through our family health centers.
Richard E. Jacobs Health Center will expand to include inpatient hospital
Less than two years after opening its doors in late 2011, Cleveland Clinic has announced that its Richard E. Jacobs Health Center in Avon will be expanded to include an inpatient hospital.
Plans for expansion have been under consideration since the opening. The design for the new facility will be unlike traditional inpatient hospitals, to accommodate the way care is delivered in the future.
At this time, planning is underway and more details will be provided as they become available.
The Richard E. Jacobs Health Center Emergency Department offers board-certified, emergency medicine physicians are available around-the-clock to provide comprehensive care to adults and children. Depending on your type of visit, there are specific areas designed to take care of your individual needs efficiently and compassionately. Backed by the full resources of Cleveland Clinic, the Emergency Department provides the advanced care of Cleveland Clinic in your community.
- 24-hour emergency care, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Comprehensive state-of-the-art emergency care for adults and children
- Staffed full-time by board-certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses
- Private treatment emergency rooms
- Access to complete lab and radiology services
- Access to Cleveland Clinic primary and specialty care as well as surgical services all within the Health Center
- Transport services by ambulance or helicopter for hospital admissions
- Find out about the health chats offered by Cleveland Clinic throughout the calendar year held at various locations.
- Cleveland Clinic in the News: Read the latest up-to-date information making headlines.
Events at Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
Irregular heartbeats, or arrhythmia, can be relatively harmless or it can signal a serious medical condition. If you have questions or are interested in hearing about the causes, risk factors, symptoms and treatment options for irregular heartbeats join us on Friday, December 6 for a free Healthwise Connections event at Richard E. Jacobs health center.
This event begins with a light breakfast at 9:30 a.m. followed at 10:00 a.m. with a presentation by Cleveland Clinic Cardiovascular Medicine specialist Christine Tanaka-Esposito, MD. Reservations are required. Please call 877.390.1732 or visit .
Community Connections Calendar is your guide to wellness events and activities held by your local Cleveland Clinic hospitals and family health centers.