The Heart Clinic at Lutheran Hospital is staffed by experienced nurses and nurse practitioners.
To schedule an appointment, call 216.363.5757.
The incidence of heart failure is on the rise and expected to do so over the next several decades. Our cardiac nurses provide the following services to help minimize hospitalization and assist with maintaining the highest quality of life possible:
- Ongoing patient and family centered heart failure education
- Medication and self-care compliance monitoring
- Physical assessment to evaluate fluid status
- Symptom management
- Heart monitoring
- IV medication administration when necessary
- Follow-up assessments after medication changes, procedures or changes in condition
- Collaboration with referring physicians regarding patient progress, status and care need
Heart valve surgery, blood clot and heart rhythm problems require medication to thin the blood. Our specially trained nurses offer safe, efficient management of these medications in collaboration with your physician. We provide:
- Finger stick PT/INR blood monitoring for patients receiving oral anticoagulation therapy
- Education of dietary, lifestyle and over-the-counter medication effects of anticoagulation therapy
- Feedback to referring physicians for efficient communication
Heart Disease is still the number one killer of women in this country. Our team of cardiac nurses will help you understand the risks of heart disease and how to minimize those risks. Services include:
- Screening and assessment for cardiac risk factors
- Educational emphasis on awareness in preventing heart disease in women
- Thorough history and physical examination by a cardiac nurse practitioner
- Referrals to appropriate providers to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Networking with resources that promote wellness
Outpatient Anemia Clinic
Health problems such as chronic anemia, pre-surgical anemia, iron deficiency anemia and acute blood loss anemia require treatment and care. Our nurses will provide an assessment of symptoms, patient education, administration of IV iron and erythropoietic stimulation factors.