News at Lutheran Hospital
Our goal is to provide timely information to the community and the media on Lutheran Hospital news, programs, services and events.
Learn the latest information in your community in our Health Essentials newsletter.
Joint Commission honors Lutheran Hospital for quality
The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States, has recognized Lutheran Hospital as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 2013. Lutheran Hospital was recognized for achieving excellence in performance for pneumonia and surgical care measure sets.
Lutheran Hospital is one 1,224 hospitals in the United States to achieve this distinction. According to Improving America’s Hospitals: The Joint Commission’s Annual Report on Quality and Safety 2014, each of the top performer hospitals nationwide met three performance criteria based on 2013 accountability measure data.
A recognized hospital must:
- Achieve cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across all reported accountability measures
- Achieve performance of 95 percent or above on each and every reported accountability measure where there are at least 30 denominator cases
- Have at least one core measure set that has a composite rate of 95 percent or above, and (within that measure set) all applicable individual accountability measures have a performance rate of 95 percent or above.
This achievement demonstrates our commitment to assuring that our patients receive high quality, evidence-based care.
Remodeled Lutheran Ambulatory Pharmacy now open!
Serving the community, patients and caregivers, Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Ambulatory Pharmacy is conveniently located inside Lutheran Hospital on the Ground Floor, next to Registration. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Call 216.696.7055 or visit the pharmacy page for more information.
If you are a Cleveland Clinic patient, our pharmacists have access to your medical records; avoiding any potential medication interactions. The pharmacy team strives to put patients first by:
- Quickly and accurately filling prescriptions
- Answering questions regarding medications
- Major insurance plans accepted
- Spanish speaking staff available
- Free 45 minute parking with easy access to the main entrance
Events at Lutheran Hospital
View upcoming events at Lutheran Hospital.
Browse through the programs and classes offered at Lutheran Hospital.
Community Connections Calendar is your guide to wellness events and activities held by your local Cleveland Clinic hospitals and family health centers.