News at Lutheran Hospital
Our goal is to provide timely information to the community and the media on Lutheran Hospital news, programs, services and events.
Learn the latest information in your community in our Health Essentials newsletter.
Lutheran Hospital Earns Top Performer Recognition from Joint Commission
The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States, has recognized Lutheran Hospital as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2014. Lutheran Hospital was recognized for achieving excellence in performance for pneumonia and surgical care measure sets.
The Top Performer program recognizes hospitals for performing on evidence-based interventions that increase the chances of healthy outcomes for patients with certain conditions. Lutheran Hospital is one of only 1,043 hospitals out of more than 3,300 eligible hospitals in the United States to achieve the 2014 Top Performer distinction.
In order to be named a Top Performer, a hospital must:
- Achieve cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across all reported accountability measures;
- Achieve performance of 95 percent or above on each and every reported accountability measure where there are at least 30 denominator cases; and
- Have at least one core measure set that has a composite rate of 95 percent or above, and within that measure set, achieve a performance rate of 95 percent or above on all applicable individual accountability measures
This achievement demonstrates our commitment to assuring that our patients receive high quality, evidence-based care.
Learn More about the Top Performer Program
Expanded Lutheran Hospital Emergency Department Now Complete
On April 21, 2015 Lutheran Hospital completed their Emergency Department expansion project, bringing improved access to emergency services for the community and to deliver faster, better services to patients. This $17.5 million investment and upgrade doubles the current size of Lutheran’s Emergency Department (ED) allowing for more space and capacity to care for patients when they need it the most.
In brief, the expansion provides:
- 14,000 square feet
- 21 private rooms with state-of-the-art patient-monitoring equipment, including six rooms specifically designed for patients with behavioral health needs
- More visible entrance, making it easier for our community to access emergency services
- Split-flow triage and treatment area to expedite patient care
- Additional X-ray machine and CT equipment to provide faster testing
- Built-in decontamination room for emergency preparedness
- An additional $5.5 million invested in upgrades to the hospital’s infrastructure, new equipment and renovation of its operating rooms
Events at Lutheran Hospital
View upcoming events at Lutheran Hospital.
Browse through the programs and classes offered at Lutheran Hospital.
Community Connections Calendar is your guide to wellness events and activities held by your local Cleveland Clinic hospitals and family health centers.