While allowing for privacy, care requirements and patient preferences, our visitation policy is designed to allow convenient visiting by family and friends.
For more information, call 216.696.4300.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat, or any contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient in the hospital.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if procedures or care need to be performed and in the event of emergency situations.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Before visiting, children should be evaluated for recent exposure to communicable diseases to prevent exposure to the patient.
- It is at the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with the rest and recovery of the patient.
Visiting Hour Unit Guidelines
- Critical Care patients are permitted visitors 24-hour visitation. Visitors are limited to immediate family or significant others, two at a time. Children under age 14 are discouraged to visit.
- Medical and surgical units allow adult and pediatric visitors ad lib throughout the day. Visitation beyond 10 p.m. is determined on a case-by-case basis by the covering RN. Overnight visitation is discouraged.
- Adult Behavioral Health visiting hours are 1 - 2 p.m. and 6:30 - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1 - 8 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Two visitors are allowed and visitors under age 18 may visit only with a psychiatrist's order.
- Older Adult Behavioral Health visiting hours are from 1 - 2 p.m. and 6:30 - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1 - 8 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays. There is a limit of two visitors at a time and visitors age 18 may visit only with a psychiatrist's order.
Smoke Free Policy
Fairview, Lakewood and Lutheran Hospitals and Cleveland Clinic health system are committed to creating a healthy environment for our employees, patients and visitors. We want to be a model of good health and best wellness practices. To help achieve this, we have designated our facilities and grounds as smoke-free areas.