Volunteer at Lutheran Hospital
In these days of high technology, shorter patient stays and rising healthcare costs, volunteers are crucial to Lutheran Hospital’s long-term success. As a volunteer at Lutheran Hospital, you are part of our team. Lutheran Hospital has several volunteer opportunities available to accommodate all types of interests and skills.
Each volunteer has something to share that goes well beyond medical technology. Whether it’s a smile or helping hand, your contributions make a difference in the lives of our patients and staff.
As a Lutheran Hospital volunteer, you will give more to the hospital than we could ever give back. To show you how grateful we are, we offer a few small tokens of appreciation:
- Free meals and parking. Volunteers receive a free meal in the cafeteria each day you serve. Parking in the hospital lot is also free.
- Free flu shots. Annual flu shots for volunteers are available at no charge.
- Volunteer appreciation and recognition luncheon. Once a year, we invite our volunteers to a special luncheon as our way of saying “thank you” for your dedicated service.
- Minimum 18 years of age (16 years of age with a hospital sponsor)
- Applicant must be in overall good health, well-groomed, professional, prompt, reliable, motivated and outgoing
- Must complete volunteer application and background check
- Participation in volunteer orientation program
- Ability to respect strict confidentiality
- Commitment to a regular schedule
- TB Test required (at no charge)
How can I help?
You can volunteer your time and talent in these important areas:
- Clerical and office support
- Fundraising and public relations
- Mail messengers
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Pastoral care department
- Patient communications and resources
- Patient transport service
How to Become a Lutheran Hospital Volunteer
If you would like to give something back to your community, call 216.363.2019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As a volunteer, you can be an important part of a winning team and know that your contribution is needed and appreciated.