Nearly 33,000 people from Cleveland’s West Side visit the Emergency Department at Lakewood Hospital each year.
Our mission is to provide care for ill or injured patients in a competent and caring manner, to conduct research into emergency conditions in order to improve our patient care and to train physicians, nurses and other health professionals in emergency care.
Seconds count in an emergency, and for more than 100 years, people from Cleveland’s west side suburbs have counted on the Emergency Department at Lakewood Hospital.
14519 Detroit Road
Lakewood, OH 44107
Have health-related questions?
Services & Accreditations
Access to Care
- Open 24/7
- The "Split-flow" triage process has lead to more efficient patient processing and significantly reduced wait times.
- Upon arrival patients will be screened by Emergency Department staff and “split” into those requiring emergent, intermediate or minor care. This allows us to provide the most appropriate level of care for your immediate needs with minimal waiting time.
- Since split-flow was implemented, the Lakewood Hospital Emergency Department has decreased the door-to-provider time to less than 20 minutes.
- Featuring 23 Private Treatment Rooms
- Dedicated surface parking available off of Belle Avenue
David Levine, MD
- Staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and certified emergency nurses
- Caregivers at Lakewood Hospital Emergency Department treat more than 33,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
Lakewood Hospital Emergency Department Medical Director
Certified Stroke Center
- Lakewood Hospital is a designated Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation
- The program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients
- Stroke patients have access to the expertise and resources of the Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute at Lakewood Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital at Lakewood Hospital
- Emergency Department staff is specially trained to treat stroke patients quickly, using the newest treatments, including t-PA and advanced technology for diagnosis and treatment
- Lakewood Hospital is the only facility on the west side with the ability to perform intra-arterial t-PA and clot retrieval
- Provides some of the quickest response times for treating stroke patients
- Stroke patients can rely on Lakewood Hospital to provide the most advanced level of care, from EMS/pre-hospital care to administering the proper interventions upon arrival at the Lakewood Hospital Emergency Department
- 24-hour cardiac catheterization capabilities
Emergency Physician Services
The emergency medicine physicians are a private group practice under contract with Lakewood Hospital. Services provided by the emergency physician will be billed separately from the hospital services. The emergency physicians are contracted with most major insurance group health plans, and as a courtesy they will file a claim with your insurance company.
Please provide current and complete insurance information to the Emergency Department registration personnel so there is no delay in processing your claim. You will receive a statement for services which are not covered or paid by your insurance company.
If you have any questions concerning your emergency physician account, please call toll-free 1.800.225.0953 directly.