Our program has emphasized research and clinical investigation for many years, and residents are encouraged to engage in a diversity of scholarly activity with our faculty members.
- Many of our residents have authored or co-authored scientific articles, which often earn publication in journals and participation in national meetings.
- Locally, third year residents compete during our program's Annual Research Recognition Day held at the end of the academic year.
- Two visitant professors judge each presentation and award the top three projects.
- Each resident begins a research project in his/her second year of residency and our research committee guides the resident's progress.
- Our Program Director and Director of Research & Scholarly Activity each have an ongoing list of publications in prestigious medical journals. Their interest and experience in research enhance the quality of scholarly activity education for the residents.