The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program helps patients recover from heart ailments to return to productive lives. This safe program allows patients to work at their own pace based on their health status and abilities. Patients are involved in:
- EKG-monitored and supervised exercise that conditions the cardiovascular system, strengthens muscles, improves endurance and lowers the risk of heart disease
- Educational programs and counseling that teach patients how to manage their condition, thereby heading off future problems
As patients recover in the hospital, they learn about their heart conditions and begin individualized exercise programs. Once released from the hospital, participants begin:
- Medically-supervised conditioning programs, which includes EKG monitoring during exercise
- Education and counseling to help reduce the chance of further heart problems
- Gradual endurance exercise training and behavioral changes
In the maintenance phase of the program, patients are encouraged to make life-long behavioral changes that will allow them to lead active, meaningful lives.
At Euclid Hospital, we believe in educating our patients and empowering them to prevent further health problems with the following support services.
Smokeless in Cleveland»
Approved by a pulmonary physician medical advisor, Smokeless in Cleveland:
- Helps people understand why they smoke, addressing both the physical and psychological addictions of cigarette smokers
- Teaches people when they are most likely to smoke
- Helps people quit smoking through behavior modification and medication therapy
- Teaches people to deal with weight gain once they stop smoking
Healthy Heart Program»
The Healthy Heart Program screens for five risk factors of heart disease:
- HDL (good) cholesterol
- Blood sugar
- Blood pressure
- Smoking and weight
After the screening, each patient receives a report of the test results and is offered educational information to minimize the occurrence of heart disease.