For more than 40 years, Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital at Euclid Hospital has been helping people recover from traumatic injury, illness or disability through a continuum of care, including:
- Acute inpatient care
- Sub-acute care
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF)
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Home care
- Follow-up care
Our individualized approach combines advanced care with a unique setting to help patients restore body, mind and spirit after a serious health episode. Most rooms are private with a serene view of Lake Erie.
Directly connected to Euclid Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital also offers immediate access to acute hospital care and diagnostics 24 hours a day.
Our program offers:
- A multidisciplinary team providing individualized therapy programs based on the needs of each patient
- Specialized equipment and staff training to provide the best outcomes for our patients
- Highest level of intensity for therapy as required by federal criteria to qualify for IRF status
- Individualized, intensive therapy programs
- 17-acre lakefront setting, with a healing garden featuring waterfalls and pathways
- Advanced equipment
- Home-like therapy suites, including two kitchens and an apartment for practicing the activities of daily living
- Community-based activities
- Caregiver and family education
The Rehabilitation Hospital is part of a system-wide comprehensive rehabilitative care program that is provided at inpatient facilities located across our regional health system, including Cleveland Clinic and Lakewood Hospital.
At each site our physicians, who specialize in rehabilitative medicine, oversee patient care and work directly with consulting clinicians, nurses with specialized rehab training, social workers/case managers, occupational, physical, recreational therapists, and speech language pathologists.
For more information about any of the service and programs available at Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital at Euclid Hospital, call 216.692.8668. Also visit our main Department of Physical Medicine & Rehab.
Community Reintegration Program»
In this unique confidence-building program, you and your therapist plan public excursions to:
- Increase mobility and independence
- Help you adjust to architectural and social barriers, such as curbs, ramps and steps
- Use public facilities such as restrooms, buses and phones
Staff will assess your needs and design specific exercises, tasks and adaptive equipment to improve your ability to care for yourself independently. The Rehabilitation Hospital also fits prosthetics and orthotic devices.
(Outpatient and Inpatient Sessions)
Independent Living Suite»
The independent living suite is designed to simulate a home, which includes a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. You and your primary caregiver spend a day and night in the suite, experiencing conditions similar to those at home. Any questions or problems that arise can be immediately addressed by the nursing staff before you are discharged home. (Located in Acute Rehab Unit)
Restoring Travel Independence»
The ability to travel in a vehicle is an important part of independence. A car, generously donated to the rehabilitation hospital and modified by the Ohio Diesel and Technical School, is used to simulate the process of getting into and out of a car so that you can regain your travel independence. (Located in Inpatient Acute Rehab Unit)
Driving Ability Evaluation»
Our driving simulation computer system is used to measure a patient's visual acuity, perception and dexterity—all components necessary to operate a motor vehicle. We are able to:
- Encourage those who are able to learn to drive again
- Identify those who may need additional assistance before they can drive
- Identify those who can no longer drive a vehicle
- Suggest modification to the car for safer use (i.e. hand controls)
(Located in Outpatient Rehab Center)
- CARF accredited as a Stroke Specialty Program
- Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital at Euclid Hospital is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- The Rehabilitation Hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association, National Association of Rehabilitation Facilities, Ohio Association of Rehabilitation Facilities and American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association (AMRPA).