The Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology employs over fifty respiratory therapists to provide services in our 54 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, the cardiac operating rooms, post-operative nursing floors, and cardiac catheterization labs. Respiratory Therapists work under the supervision of the Intensives using clinical protocols to manage all postoperative ventilatory and respiratory care of our cardiac surgical patients.
Respiratory Services include:
- Advanced clinical techniques in ventilator management
- Arterial line placement
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Nitric oxide therapy
- Substrate utilization
Respiratory Therapists must have:
- Credentials recognized by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current license by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Excellent clinical assessment and decision making skills
- Proficiency and confidence in all aspects of advanced respiratory care
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about opportunities for Respiratory Therapists at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center contact: Judy Michener , RRT at 216.444.2920.