The Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic supports an EKG Laboratory performing over 100,000 EKGs each year. Technicians acquire EKGs in both in-hospital and out-patient settings from a variety of patients for healthy preventive testing to more complicated cases involving many types of cardiac diseases. This exciting setting provides a challenging and educational experience for technicians at Cleveland Clinic.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Attaches, connects, and operates electrodes from specified body areas to leads from electrocardiograph machine.
- Reviews patient's record and instructs patients prior to procedures. Monitors patient during procedures and reports any abnormal findings.
- Identifies and corrects for artifacts. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and
- Maintains EKG equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum six months training as an EKG Technician or Cardiovascular Technician preferably in a hospital setting or completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Technology, Paramedic or Medical Assistant Program.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, stand and walk for long periods of time, transport equipment to various locations in the hospital.
For more information about opportunities for EKG technicians at the Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic, contact: