Understanding Your Bill
We know that hospital bills and health insurance claims can be confusing. Having and understanding this information, will allow you to focus on your healthcare needs.
To help you prepare for your visit and to understand your financial obligations, we have created a brochure, which includes the following information:
- Financial review services
- Pre-registration services
- Physician referrals as they relate to billing
- Patient out-of-pocket financial obligations
- Tips to assuring a smooth billing process
If you have questions, need to update your insurance information, or would like an itemized statement, please call PFS at 216.445.6249 or 1.866.621.6385.
Medicaid and Social Services Support
A financial counselor will ask you a few questions to see if you meet the initial requirements. If you do, you will be referred to one of our Medicaid vendors, Human Arc of Ohio or Firstsource Solutions. They will work with you and the state to secure Medicaid coverage.
Please comply with our vendor company and the process so you can remain eligible for Cleveland Clinic financial assistance. In Florida, we do not contract with a Medicaid vendor company, but we do have a representative on site to assist you.
Patients who do not qualify for HCAP or Medicaid will next be considered under the Cleveland Clinic financial assistance policy.
Want to pay your hospital bill online? MyAccount personal online billing manager offers you secure online access to your hospital bills.
With MyAccount, you can do the following:
- View your billing statements*
- Pay bills at your convenience
- Communicate securely about billing
- Include your entire household in a single, secure profile.
* Only includes statements issued after October 1, 2010. To request a copy of statements issued prior to October 1, 2010, please contact Customer Service at 1.866.862.2919 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to log into MyAccount?
Are you a MyAccount user who just wants to make a quick payment?
Make A Quick Payment
Interested in becoming a MyAccount user? Sign up.
Pay by Mail Option
Patient Financial Services sends monthly statements to patients for services rendered. If you prefer to mail a payment, send to:
P.O. BOX 89410
Cleveland, Ohio 44101-6410
Have questions about your bill? Contact us at 866.621.6385 during office hours Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Do not use MyAccount for urgent medical matters. If you are experiencing an urgent medical problem, call 9-1-1 or your physician’s office immediately.
Cleveland Clinic provides financial assistance on a sliding scale to patients who do not have insurance at family income levels up to four times the Federal Poverty Guidelines, and to all patients, if there are exceptional circumstances.
At Florida facilities, must be a resident of Broward or Palm Beach counties; distance to other providers will be considered for eligibility.
- You must be a legal resident.
- Your income is at or below 400% of the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines.
- Family members include individuals listed as your dependents on the most recently filed federal income tax return.
- You must provide proof of income (income includes gross wages, rental income, gross income from self employment, public assistance, social security, unemployment compensation, strike benefits, alimony, child support, military family allotments, pensions, veteran’s benefits, etc.) Sources of income apply to all applicable family members.
- You must comply with the Medicaid eligibility process with the Cleveland Clinic health system designated vendor or on-site representative.
- Insured patients may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- If you qualify for financial assistance, you will be asked to reapply every 30 days or prior to an admission/ procedure.
- If you qualify for less than 100% financial assistance coverage, you will be asked to pay 50% of the uncovered estimated balance.
2014 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
|Family Size Up To ||*(HCAP) 2014 Federal Poverty Income Level ||CC Financial Assistance Program (Family income up to 400% of Federal Poverty Level) |
|1 ||$11,670 ||$46,680 |
|2 ||$15,730 ||$62,920 |
|3 ||$19,790 ||$79,160 |
|4 ||$23,850 ||$95,400 |
|5 ||$27,910 ||$111,640 |
|6 ||$31,970 ||$127,880 |
|7 ||$36,030 ||$144,120 |
|8 ||$40,090 ||$160,360 |
For each additional family member add $4,060*
Have questions or want to apply for assistance?
* Assistance is provided by Cleveland Clinic Florida on a sliding scale based on the listed income levels
(Family income level up to four times Federal Poverty Income Level).
** For each additional person add $3,600
If you received medical services at Cleveland Clinic Florida and feel you would qualify to receive these services without cost or at a reduced cost to you please complete this application and return it to:
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Attn - Patient Financial Services
3100 Weston Road
Weston, FL 33331
If you have any questions or wish to speak with a representative regarding the financial assistance programs at Cleveland Clinic Florida, please contact the Patient Financial Services Department at 1.954.689.5166
Print and complete a Financial Assistance Application.
Return your completed, signed application to the address on the front of the application.
Medicare is health insurance for people who:
- Are age 65 or older
- Are under the age of 65 with certain disabilities
- Have End Stage Renal Disease
Different parts provide coverage for specific types of service:
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- Medicare Part C
- Medicare Part D
Are You About to Retire?
Be Prepared for Medicare
This twelve-video series discusses Medicare and other retirement options.