Cleveland Clinic Florida offers symposiums, lectures, screenings, health expos and webchats throughout the year for the community – featuring our physicians and clinical staff. All events are free and open to the public.
Endocrinology Nursing Symposium
Steps to Success: Getting to the Heart of Diabetes
This activity is designed for nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, physical
therapists and other Allied Health Professionals involved in working
with persons with diabetes.
- Discuss available cardiovascular medications used to treat patients with
diabetes and heart disease
- Describe diabetes as a cardiovascular disease that is linked to heart attacks
- Discuss the use of continuous glucose monitoring in controlling glucose
elevations and low glucose in the patient with diabetes
- State the relationship between obesity and diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- List oral agents and injectable medications for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Describe presenting behaviors associated with patient resistance to therapy
- State the types of diabetes, how they are classified and options proven to
- Describe basal/ bolus insulin therapy and how carbohydrate counting and
correction formulas improve glucose readings
- Discuss beneficial exercises for patients with diabetes to improve glucose control
- Describe interventions for eating patterns and exercise regimens to elicit
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2016
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Cleveland Clinic Florida
David Jagelman Conference Center
2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard
Weston, FL 33331
Register online at clevelandcinic.org/EndocrineConference
Please call Sandee McDonald at 954.689.5571 or ext. 65571.