- Session 1 for High School Students: 6/17/2013- 7/5/2013
- Session 2 for High School Students: 7/8/2013- 7/26/2013
- College Students: 6/17/2013-7/26/2013
Students will be exposed to many clinical areas including Internal Medicine, Radiology, Emergency Medicine as well as many other sub-specialties. They will have directed interaction with staff physicians. The experience will culminate with a case presentation from each of the summer sessions.
Areas of Clinical Exposure
You will have exposure to many clinical areas including Radiology, Pathology, Emergency, Breast Reconstructive Surgery and others to be determined.
Local high school seniors and college pre-med students with a genuine interest in starting a career in the healthcare field are invited to apply. The Summer Scholar Program is a program designed to introduce high school students and college pre-med students to the many career options available in the medical field. The students will be assigned a faculty mentor in a specific specialty that they will shadow for the entire length of the program. They will have opportunity to explore the various disciplines in medicine through a lecture series and clinical rotations. The students will have a chance to ask questions and to explore different work environments.
No housing will be provided. Students are responsible for their own accommodations. It is mainly intended for students who live within Broward County.
Costs and Stipends
No stipend will be available. You are responsible for your meals.
Cafeteria hours are:
Monday through Friday
Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Lunch/dinner: 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The goals of the program include the following:
- Provide an individually structured full-time learning experience at Cleveland Clinic Florida during the summer for selected students.
- Introduce students with an introduction to clinical medicine and to foster their interest in the field.
- Raise consciousness about the daily tasks and responsibilities of a physician, offering real-world hospital experience.