Your Role in Preventing Blindness
Eyesight is a priceless gift, a gift you can give by supporting the work of the Cole Eye Institute. Give a gift today to the Cole Eye Institute. You can designate your gift to the Cole Eye Institute and its Research, Education or Macular Degeneration Fund.
Your support will help us continue developing new treatments for eye diseases that will save or restore a patient’s eyesight. With your help, the Cole Eye Institute can continue advancing treatments for eye diseases and shaping the future of eye care — so someone doesn’t have to imagine life without eyesight.
Request More Information
To request more information about making a charitable gift, call or send an email to:
Mayme Patthoff, Senior Director of Development
How You Can Help
You can help by making a contribution in a variety of ways:
Cash gifts, usually in the form of checks, are the most popular type of charitable contribution. Donors will qualify for an income tax charitable deduction for a gift of cash.
A Charitable Lead Trust
The most flexible of the charitable trusts, a Charitable Lead Trust is an effective way to transfer wealth to children or grandchildren while reducing the amount of transfer tax.
The donor first transfers assets to a trust. After paying income to Cleveland Clinic, the trust transfers the remainder to designated heirs.
A Life-Income Gift
Several forms of gifts provide donors or their named beneficiaries an income for life while committing resources to future use by Cleveland Clinic. Donors to any of these life-income arrangements are entitled to charitable deductions in the year the gift is made for part of its fair market value, and are often able to increase their spendable income.
Gifts of long-term appreciated property also avoid or defer tax on the capital gain.
- A charitable remainder trust may be funded with cash, securities or real property. One or two beneficiaries named by the donor will receive income on a quarterly basis for a period of years or their lifetime. At maturity, the trust principal is transferred to Cleveland Clinic.
- A charitable gift annuity is an agreement between a donor and Cleveland Clinic in which the donor makes a gift and one or two designated beneficiaries receive a guaranteed income for life. Some of this may be tax free.
- Cleveland Clinic's Pooled Income Fund pools gifts in the form of cash or securities from many donors for investment purposes. Beneficiaries designated by the donors receive a proportionate share of the net income earned by the fund, quarterly, for life.
A Charitable Bequest Provision
A charitable bequest is an easy way to make a meaningful gift to Cleveland Clinic. The full amount of the bequest is deductible from a taxable estate.
A permanent legacy in the name of a donor or designee (such as a family member or physician) can be created through a gift to support the Cole Eye Institute. Please contact us for more information on naming opportunities.
Personal Fundraising Page
You can create a personal Cleveland Clinic Fundraising Page to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event. Share your page with friends and family to raise support for research and world-class care at Cleveland Clinic.
- Honor a loved one or caregiver: A simple, yet powerful way to appreciate and cherish a special someone who has touched your life.
- Remember someone special: Pay tribute to the life of a family member, friend or colleague by creating a page in his or her memory.
- Celebrate the milestones in your life: whether it’s a birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, anniversary, wedding or the end of medical treatment, you can set up a fund to mark your special occasion.
Thank you for your consideration in supporting the Cole Eye Institute. We appreciate the generous support that we receive from the philanthropic community. Philanthropic support is helping to elevate the Cole Eye Institute to be among the best eye care providers and allows us to continue conducting cutting edge research and make breakthroughs in visual science to help those with eye diseases.