Photo courtesy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- We now have almost 200 PA’s in main campus practices and over 100 PA’s in our regional hospitals.
- This makes us the largest full-time employer in Ohio and one of the top employers in the U.S.
- PA Services hosted the inaugural AAPA-CCHS Clinical Leadership Conference here on main campus with 40 PA's attending from all over the country.
- For the 2nd year, we’ve welcomed Mt. Union’s PA class to our campus for the first of a kind Cadaver lab for gross anatomy. The instruction was inter-twined with residents and medical students. An extremely valuable learning experience for all.
- We continue to hold LP cadaver labs in conjunction with our multiple joint injection cadaver labs (these are CME approved).
- PA Services was responsible for the renewal of all of the supervision agreements for physicians. Over 900 renewals were completed within 2 months.
- With the initiative from Allied Health, all onboarding of PA students for the entire CCHS come through the PA Services office, we do all of the scheduling, verification, and MyTech Request for each student. We have increased our student population by 100%.
- PA Services was a presence for recruiting at the AAPA national conference, and also presented on leadership in PA administration.
- We actively participate in legislation with the OAPA.
- We presented at the OAPA PA Student conference on preceptorships, timelines for onboarding and as a resource for Ohio PA students.
- The PA Services Director is also the liaison for AAPA to the Professional Technical Advisory Council for the Ambulatory Care Centers for Joint Commission.