Find out more information about volunteering at our Cleveland, Ohio campus and local Family Health Centers.
Learn about what volunteering at Cleveland Clinic has to offer.
Volunteer Services in the News
Watch our volunteers at work! Cleveland Clinic's Concert Band is a hospital-based wind ensemble made up of doctors, nurses, employees and community volunteers.
New Opportunities in Cleveland Ohio
Featuring NEW or NEEDED Volunteer Opportunities:
Location: Main Campus
Hours: Midday - Wednesdays and Saturdays
Trained by Cleveland Clinic curators, Art Ambassadors give guided tours to further the public's understanding of an artwork and Cleveland Clinic's collection as a whole.
By directly experiencing visual art and talking about it, audiences can not only gain a deeper appreciation of contemporary art but they can find comfort – elevating the spirit and affirming life and hope. Art Ambassadors promote the core values of the institution: collaboration, quality, integrity, compassion and commitment by discussing highlights integral to Cleveland Clinic's dynamic environment.
For more information on volunteering as an Art Ambassador, contact the Art Program at 216.448.0232.
Family Health Center PT Volunteer
Location: Richard E. Jacobs FHC Avon
Hours: 8 a.m. – Noon or Noon – 4 p.m. | Monday – Friday
Volunteers do a variety of tasks and responsibilities within the PT area including escorting patients to the therapy area, maintaining organization of miscellaneous equipment, keeping work spaces and therapy areas compliant with infection control guidelines, and providing light clerical assistance by filing and copying. Ideal candidates will be able to stand and walk for the majority of their 4 hour shift and be dependable, responsible, capable of multi-tasking and have good communication skills. Minimum commitment for this assignment is a 3-4 hour shift 1 x a week for 6 months.
Studio 51 Taussig Wig Boutique Volunteer
Location: Taussig Cancer Center Studio 51
Hours: 9 a.m.– 1 p.m. or Noon – 4 p.m. | Monday – Friday
Studio 51, the wig boutique at Taussig Cancer Center, is seeking dedicated female volunteers to provide compassionate support and service to women patients undergoing cancer treatment.
Volunteers assist patients with choosing a complimentary wig (courtesy of the American Cancer Society and individual donors) or cap. This position involves one-on-one interaction with patients and volunteers must be highly attuned to the needs of the patient.
Taussig Cancer Center High Tea
Location: Main Campus Taussig Cancer Center
Hours: 1:45 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Wednesdays
Can a steaming cup of British tea and delicious pastries keep the doctor away? Not exactly, but for patients with cancer at Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, weekly High Tea provides an opportunity to relax and socialize with others – a pleasant diversion from serious treatments and multiple appointments.
Patients and their families dine on delicacies while sipping tea from an array of beautiful porcelain teacups that have been donated by employees and patients. Since its debut on February 21, 2007, the complimentary High Tea has served over 20,000 and welcomes more than 65 guests weekly. High Tea serves as a wonderful healing ritual and provides a supportive atmosphere to enhance patients' experience at Cleveland Clinic.
Volunteers share the responsibility of setting up, greeting, serving, washing cups and cleaning up after each week's event. With the generosity of our volunteers and a wealth of donations from Executive Caterers at Landerhaven and other local businesses, the tea offers patients the high level of class and service that they deserve.
Sweet Dreams Volunteer
Location: Main Campus G80 or G100
Hours: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. | Sunday – Saturday
Volunteers make three distinct rounds on these units. In the first round, volunteers assist patients at meal time by clearing the tray tables of clutter, offering warm wash cloths, helping to open containers and cut food, and retrieving items from the pantry.
In the second round, volunteers circulate with the Sweet Dreams Cart and offer patients complimentary comfort items.
Finally, volunteers complete a final round to take extra time to chat with patients and assist with non-clinical concerns. The goal of this program is to prepare patients for a restful evening.
Location: Lutheran Hospital | Solon Family Health Center | Wooster Family Health Center
Hours: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or Noon – 4 p.m. | Monday – Friday
Imagine being the person responsible for making a patient or visitor's first impression a positive one! As a welcoming presence at the front doors of our Family Health Centers and Community Hospitals, Volunteer Greeters put a personal touch on patient and visitors' experiences through their greeting, escorting, giving directions and prevailing wheelchair assistance.
We are looking for compassionate, engaging individuals who like to help others and can stand and walk 3 - 4 hours at a time.
Summer Only Opportunities
Due to the limited time period a summer only college student volunteers will be with us, the commitment requirements and application process varies from our traditional opportunities.
Please consider the summer only requirements below before submitting a contact form.
- Summer Contact Form Deadline: May 1, 2015
- Summer Application Deadline: May 7, 2015
- Deadline to complete all Summer onboarding requirements: June 15, 2015
Summer Commitment Requirements
Summer Commitment Requirements
- Mandatory completion of 75 hours Volunteer service required for satisfactory completion of program
- Anticipate a required contribution of 8 – 10 hours each week; same days/times each week
- Non-fluctuating set schedule; same days/times assigned throughout program
- Set schedules cannot be changed
- Planned breaks in service are required to be communicated prior to start of program
- One (1) allowed unanticipated absence during the program
- Completion of 75 hours required to receive verification letter of volunteer service
Summer Application Process & Next Steps
Summer Application Process
1). Submit a Contact Form
Contact Form must indicate “Summer Only” and include specific area of interest and schedule availability
2). “Summer Only” Contact Forms will be reviewed beginning April 1st and will not be accepted after May 1
- Contact Form received on or before Wednesday April 1 : PDF application emailed Friday April 3
- Contact Form received April 2 – May 1 : PDF application emailed within (3) business days
- Contact Form received after May 1 : No application provided past deadline
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO BE RETURNED TO email@example.com BY THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2015
We look forward to a rewarding summer!
- Applicants will be contacted by phone or email to be scheduled for an Information Session and Interview
- Cleveland Clinic Volunteer Services Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015 │ 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Friday, May 22, 2015 │ 10 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesday, June 2, 2015 │ 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- After completion of Information Session and Interview, accepted applicants will be scheduled for a required Orientation Session
- Prompt completion and submission of Contact Forms and Applications is advised for early attendance at Information and Orientation Sessions
- Cleveland Clinic Volunteer Services Orientation Sessions:
- Tuesday, April 21 │ 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 30 │ 10 a.m. – Noon
- Friday, May 8 │ 10 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesday, May 19 │ 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 28 │ 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, June 8 │ 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Required completion of post-Orientation onboarding requirements include: background check; TB test; and any additional training sessions - due by June 15, 2015
- Previous “Summer Only” volunteers are required to repeat orientation
Volunteering at Cleveland Clinic
Our Volunteers at Work
Click on any image below to view the larger size of that image.