The Healthy Communities Initiative is a collaborative effort between Cleveland Clinic and community partners to promote optimal health and wellness. Based on the community health needs assessment and utilizing combined resources within our local communities, Healthy Communities Initiative programs will be customized around three core areas: education, nutrition and physical activity.
The Healthy Communities Initiative (HCI) will positively impact each community through education and awareness while utilizing the resources within the community.
Goals of the initiative:
- Develop a wellness initiative to create and sustain healthier communities
- Utilization of available resources and local amenities
- Establish sustainable community partnerships
- Affect local obesity and chronic disease prevalence in a positive manner
- Development and tracking of outcomes through biometric data
- Promote economic vitality by utilizing local resources
- Positively impact community perception