Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center is proud to offer complimentary music therapy sessions to all patients staying on the Bone Marrow Transplant unit (G110). A professionally trained, full-time music therapist is available to help patients make their hospital stay as therapeutic as possible.
Music therapy provides a unique opportunity for self-expression, distraction, comfort, and support. Each session is tailored to the patient’s goals considering his or her musical preferences and desired level of interaction. Some patients find music therapy helps with relaxation as well as alleviation of some symptoms such as pain, anxiety, agitation, and stress (to name a few). We hope to expand the music therapy program to patients in other locations soon.
To request a music therapy session, please call 216.444.9639.
- Improved Communication
- Development of leisure/coping skills
- Comfort and Solace
- Complex Psychosocial Problems
- Live music based on the patient's musical preferences
- Interactive music engagement by playing instruments, singing, and humming
- Music-assisted relaxation by deep and progressive breathing techniques
Participate in our Clinical Trial
If you are a patient with lymphoma or multiple myeloma scheduled for an autologous stem cell transplant at Cleveland Clinic, please call our Cancer Answer Line at 866.223.8100 to learn more about participating in a musical therapy clinical trial.
Learn about our Study Design and Outcome Measures
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.