Treatment & Services
- Benign Prostate Surgery
- Ileal Conduit
- Laparoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Renal Cryoablation
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Post Vasectomy Screen
- Prostate Biopsy
- Prostate Brachytherapy
- Radical Cystectomy
- Radical Nephrectomy: Laparoscopic Or Open
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection
- TURP (Transurethral Resection of The Prostate)
- Urinary Diversion
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal Tumors
- Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPH)
- Elevated PSA
- Enlarged Prostate/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Facts About Bladder Cancer
- Hydrocele | Spermatocele
- Hydrocele Hernia
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Penile Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Ureteral Cancer
- Ureteropelvic Junction (UPJ) Obstruction
- Urethral Strictures & Urinary Fistulas
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX USA
Residency - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - University of Health Sciences, The Chicago Medical School
North Chicago, IL USA
Undergraduate - Washington University
St. Louis, MO USA
oncology, prostate cancer, kidney cancer and bladder cancer
Awards & Honors
- "Methods in Clinical Cancer Research"American Association for Cancer Research/American Society of Clinical Oncology. Invited sponsored seminar participant, Park City, Utah August 1996
- Research funds competition for Clinical Trainees 1996-1997$0The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center “Site Specific Intraprostatic Carmustine Injection: A Feasibility Study in the Canine Model”
- Best Poster - Clinical Renal Neoplasms: Abstract # 276 “Feasibility of Cytoreductive Surgery Prior to Systemic Biologic Therapy in Carefully Selected Metastatic RCC.”: American Urological Association, Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA: April 1997.
- Reviewer, Doody Enterprises, Inc. 500 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1410 Chicago, IL 60611 February 2007 – present.
- Nationally Recognized expert in Prostate Cryosurgery: ProstateCancer.com Cryocare, 2005.
- Reviewer, The Journal of Urology: Renal cell carcinoma and Prostate cancer. April 2007- present.
- Surgical Proctor Renal / Prostate Cryosurgical Techniques. Endocare Inc. Proctor, June 2007 – present.
- Fox News 8, Your Health Featured in Prostate Cryosurgery segment.
- Cleveland Channel 3 Golden Opportunities featured segment Cryosurgery. December 28, 2008.
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/30/2017, Dr. Levy has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Levy receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- HealthTronics, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
238 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2018
Dr. Levy explained everything thoroughly.
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2018
Dr. Levy is one of two of my favorite medical service providers of all time (and I am 66 years old so have had many)
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2018
This was a first visit to this specialist in an effort to find a new urologist closer to home. While overall the experience was good, I felt too much time was spent with the care provider in front of a computer screen entering information about the visit and recording my answers to his questions instead of directly communicating with eye contact with me. Being a first visit this may have been due to the amount of new information that needed to be documented. However, the visit came off as somewhat too business like and the provider did not seem as personable due to the amount of time focused on the computer versus the patient. I hope to continue with this specialist and to find a more personable approach with more face time as we get to know each other and the doctor becomes familiar with my specific health issues.
Reviewed on Jan 11, 2018
he talked where I can understand everything it was great experience
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2017
further testing is required, so I was a bit disappointed.
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2017
Further testing is needed and was prescribed/explained.
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2017
Dr. Levy is a very good doctor.
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2017
Dr. Levy is an outstanding doctor; I trust his advice, directions etc. I am very appreciative of his services.
Reviewed on Jun 27, 2017
Dr. Levy is extremely thorough and genuinely concerned with my health and well-being. I've been a patient of his for 7+ years, and have been very satisfied with the level of care he gives. I have referred him to friends and family, including my father. He is an excellent doctor.
Reviewed on Jun 8, 2017
very good doctor and staff
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2017
Dr David Levy very caring and makes everything very understandable
Reviewed on Apr 13, 2017
Dr. Levy was extraordinary in every aspect of my care.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.