Treatment & Services
- Advanced Polypectomy
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Pain
- Bowel Incontinence
- Colon Diseases
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Female Incontinence
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Proctitis - Care & Treatment
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Prolapse
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Lahey Clinic
Burlington, MA USA
Residency - Beth Israel Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Internship - Maimonides Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY USA
Medical School - Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Guadalajara, Jalisco, New Mexico
Undergraduate - Adelphi University
Long Island, NY USA
- Board Certified in Quality Assurance and Utilization Review
- President of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, 2006-2007
- Honorary President of the Pennsylvania Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Chief of Surgery - Westfield Hospital, Allentown, PA
- Chairman - Committee on Standards, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Chairman - Quality Assurance Committee, Department of Surgery, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
- Director, Outcomes Research, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Weston, FL
- Affiliate Professorships in Medical Schools at FAU, FIU and Case Western
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Advanced colonoscopy and polypectomy, IBD, IBS, incontinence, constipation, consultations for complex colorectal diseases and cancer, rectal surgery
Awards & Honors
- Health Care Professional of the Year 2009 - Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Award for Best Paper written in Colon and Rectal Surgery 1996 - Robert Beart MD Inaugural Award
- Principal Investigator (one of three) - Federal Grant funding to evaluate the safety and cost effectiveness of Colon and Rectal Cancer Screening
- Best Doctors "Northeast" - South Florida: 2008-2017
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- Fellow - American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/4/2017, Dr. Rosen has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
84 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2017
explains everything' clearly and takes time to answer any questions. Excellent communication skills.
Reviewed on Aug 1, 2017
Dr. very informative and provide the right information to make my decisions.
Reviewed on Jul 18, 2017
Dr. Rosen always explains things in a way I can understand and draws a picture for me to explain what my problem looks like.
Reviewed on Jul 11, 2017
gave me good information about follow-up on another medical issue.
Reviewed on May 18, 2017
My wife had seen Dr. Rosen two weeks prior by the recommendation of her gynecologist, Dr. Connor. She was so comfortable and happy with Dr. Rosen that she made an appointment for me to see him, since I was overdue to have a colonoscopy. We both are very pleased with his care, professionalism and bedside manner.
Reviewed on Feb 9, 2017
Reviewed on Feb 9, 2017
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.