Treatment & Services
- Clinical Trials
- Early Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery And Video Eeg Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery in Adolescents
- Epilepsy Surgery In Children
- Pediatric Neurology
- Signal Analyses of Subdural Recordings
- Specialized EEG with Stereotactic Depth Electrodes
- Specialized EEG With Subdural Grids
- Surgery In Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Autoimmune Epilepsy
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Tumor-Related Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Complex Partial Seizures
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Developmental Disorders Of The Brain
- Dravet and Doose Syndrome and other Myoclonic Epilepsies
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Epilepsy in Adolescents
- Epilepsy in Children
- Epilepsy in Infants
- Epileptic Encephalopathies
- First Seizure Assessment
- Focal Cortical Dysplasia
- Frontal Lobe Epilepsy
- Genetic & Metabolic causes of Epilepsy
- Hemispheric Epilepsy
- Infantile Spasm
- Intractable (Drug Resistant) Epilepsy
- Ketogenic Diet
- Landau–Kleffner Syndrome (LKS)
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Medically Refractory Status Epilepticus
- Mitochondrial Causes of Epilepsy
- Myoclonic Epilepsy
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Non-epileptic seizure disorder
- Post-traumatic Epilepsy
- Rasmussen Encephalitis
- Refractory Epilepsy
- Seizure Manifestations
- Seizures - Febrile
- Seizures After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Stroke Causing Seizures
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE)
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
- West Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Case Western Reserve University - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Indiana University Medical Center
Indianapolis, IN USA
Medical Education - Indiana University School of Medicine
Indianapolis, IN USA
- Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine with Case Western University.
- Certified by the American Boards of Pediatrics and Psychiatry and Neurology, with Special Competencies in Pediatric Neurology and Epilepsy
- Editor of the leading medical textbook in the field, Wyllie’s Treatment of Epilepsy, now in its sixth edition.
- Author of The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Epilepsy, an authoritative book for the lay public.
- A world renowned thought leader in epilepsy medicine who lectures widely and has published over 250 reports on her research in epilepsy in scientific journals.
- Recipient of many honors and awards, including the prestigious Career Award for Outstanding Work in Epilepsy Research from the American Epilepsy Society.
- An active clinician who cares for children with all forms of epilepsy and attracts personal referrals from physicians worldwide for consultation on the most challenging cases.
- A champion for recognizing opportunities for offering early epilepsy surgery to infants and children with uncontrolled seizures, to reduce suffering and maximize developmental potential.
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Epilepsy
- Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
- - Pediatrics - General Cert
- - Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology - G
Children with complex epilepsies, children with epilepsy and Sturge Weber Syndrome, children with first seizure, clinical drug trials, clinical neurophysiology, diagnostic video EEG for pediatric seizure disorders, EEG, Epilepsy, epilepsy and epilepsy surgery in children and adolescents, Epilepsy surgery and medical treatment of epilepsy in children, invasive EEG monitoring for pre-surgical evaluations, Pediatric Epilepsy, pediatric epilepsy and epilepsy surgery, Rasmussen's encephalitis and medically refractory status epilepticus., Seizure disorder treatment and surgery in brain malformations, seizure manifestations, Sturge Weber syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, vagus nerve stimulation, Video EEG, brain malformations causing epilepsy
Awards & Honors
- Epilepsy Association Legacy Award, 2015
- Cambridge Who's Who Executive and Professional Registry, since 2006
- Honorary Membership, Canadian Association for Child Neurology, 1999
- Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, since 1998
- America’s Top Doctors, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd, since 1998
- Marquis Who's Who in America, since 1995
- Marquis Who's Who in the World, since 1995
- Best Doctors in America, since 1994
- US News and World Report, Best Doctors in America, since 1994
- US News and World Report, Best Doctors in Ohio, since 1994
- Milken Family Foundation / American Epilepsy Society Award for Outstanding Work in Epilepsy Research, 1994
Innovations & Patents
- Expansion of the pool of pediatric candidates for epilepsy surgery to include carefully selected children and adolescents who have focal lesion seen on MRI, but lack well-localized abnormalities on EEG
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- International League Against Epilepsy
- Child Neurology Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/11/2021, Dr. Wyllie has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
89 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
18 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Mar 30, 2021
We loved everything especially Dr. Wyllie
Reviewed on Mar 22, 2021
very kind dr who is unparalleled in expertise in pediatric epilepsy.
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021
Dr. Wylie is very personable and knowledgeable. My son is a new patient of hers, and it appeared she was catching back up on his case by reading notes while on the video with us, which may be normal, but felt like she may have not had a full picture of history in that moment, in order to recommend a plan for him. This has been a very hard year and I don't want anything missed that might change treatment.
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2021
very grateful to get this appointment with Dr. Wyllie for a second opinion.
Reviewed on Jan 8, 2021
We learned more about sons medical concerns in one hour with Dr. Wylie than I had over the past years. She was professional and brought a depth of knowledge.
Reviewed on Dec 30, 2020
Dr. Wyllie is a phenomenal physician. She always LISTENS!!! She has been a continual blessing to my daughter and her health care. I would recommend her to anyone!!!
Reviewed on Dec 30, 2020
Dr. Wyllie is on the short list of one of the best doctors I've experienced in my life.
Reviewed on Nov 27, 2020
Dr. E.Wyllie is amazing her office reached out to us and scheduled an appointment for my son for the same week. Dr. Willie is a very attentive, responsive and caring physician I feel she really cares for her patients and is dedicated to help resolve their seizures.
Reviewed on Oct 7, 2020
Dr. Wyllie is absolutely amazing! She puts our daughter at ease and truly listens to any questions we have!
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Dr Wyllie explained everything and answered all of our questions. she listened to what we had to say and valued our opinion.
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2020
central scheduling has been very difficult to work with. prior to that I could call central scheduling and make multiple apts for the same day without issue. while dr Wylie's office has been great to work with scheduling had been a nightmare
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2020
dr Wylie I s an amazing provider
Reviewed on Jun 29, 2020
LLLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE DR Wyillie
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2020
I love this physician and her staff. They have been wonderful to work with. we couldn't ask for a better outcome!
Reviewed on Jun 10, 2020
Dr Wyllie was very clear about everything and made sure we understood and were comfortable
Reviewed on May 26, 2020
We cannot thank Dr. Wyllie enough. Her grace, depth of experience, and decency are peerless. Although we had been more than willing to take the trip to see her in person, we respect the need for telehealth. Even on the screen, all of her positive qualities shined through. We do hope that the Clinic recognizes and honors the gem that you have in Dr. Wyllie.
Reviewed on May 15, 2020
Outstanding care provider. Incredibly attentive and thorough.
Reviewed on May 13, 2020
Dr. Wyllie is the consummate personal!
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.